How to tell if Anker Powercore 20100+ is fully charged?

Also note that there are three different iPad wall chargers (going solely by memory here): one is 5 watts/1A (iPad mini 1st gen and included with most, if not all iPhones as well) one is 10 watts/2.1A (iPad mini 2,3,4, iPad Air and Air 2) and the other is 12 watts/2.4A (iPad 4 and the one charger that is currently being sold by Apple on it’s own). Depending on what “iPad charger” you have will dictate how the external battery will charge. Just thought I’d bring up that not all “iPad chargers” are equal.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a 20100+, and it comes with all three cables included. I’m using the USB A - to USB C cable as I thought that was the recommended one to charge the Powercore itself.

Do you have any recommendations for a more powerful wall adaptor to use then? It’s been charging on this one for over 20 hours and the last LED light is still blinking…

Just contact Anker @ support@anker.com. Sounds defective if it wont fully charger but charges to that last led point.

As @SZak2015 mentioned there are many ipad chargers and since you have the powerport+ I would suggest that it could take well over 20 hours to charge if you are only inputting 1amp. I would recommend any of the following from Anker:
If you want to go with USB C then I would suggest this one which will allow it to fully recharge in approx 10 hours
This is a USA link so I hope it works for you

For a more reasonable price you can use this one and it will offer the same speed and uses USB A

It’s sounding like also a cable problem.

Why did you buy that particular model? It’s unique feature is USB-C so you should own a USB-C charger already?

Practically any charger from Anker will do a good job. What is your criteria for a charger? Small? Lots of ports?

I’m using this particular model as it works wonders for charging my Nintendo Switch. The included USB C - USB C cable does a great job of charging the system when I travel (often).

I still can’t get the last light to stop blinking. I’m using this wall charger for reference: iPad Wall Charger

Do I need a more powerful wall adapter?

Or should I try using the USB A to USB A cable to charge the Powercore instead?

Hi everyone,

This is AnkerDirect.

@dzynwa7, Thanks for your question and effort to test. @cava3395 ,thanks for your right answer about the indicator. If the PowerCore + 20100 USB-C is fully recharged, all the indicators would turn solid and will turn off automatically later.

Please kindly be noted that the PowerCore + 20100 USB-C usually takes 8-9 hours for a full recharge via a 5V/2.4A power supply. There should be no problem to recharge it via an iPad wall charger(which offers 5V/2A output) with the A-C cable comes with our battery.

To verify the issue further, could you please kindly try recharging the PowerCore + 20100 USB-C via another 5V/2A or 5V/2.4A wall charger(such as a Samsung adapter) with another A-C cable to double check whether the last indicator still flashes? Also, may we know how many times of charge could your PowerCore + 20100 USB-C offer to your phone(please let us know the model) after a long time recharge(with the last indicator flashs)?

Could you please contact us Anker at "support@anker.com" with above test result? Please be assured that we offer 18 months warranty(replace or refund) and lifetime technical support. If the problem is with the Anker battery and it is within our warranty coverage, we are glad to arrange a replacement to you for a try.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anker Support
1-800-988-7973
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm PST

7 Likes

I have the powercore 20100+ and even after charging for 24 hours the lights still do not go out. It will xharge my mobile phone and maybe have a quarter of huice left in the tank. I really expected more but maybe its just broken?

1 Like

What charger are you using to charge the pac? Also what is its rated output?

Hi ive charged from both power and usb socket. Both are 5v output. Still not working like described.

1 Like

Just telling me both are 5v output doesnt say anything, and if your talking about a computers usb socket than those only output at max 500ma which is far too low of an output to fully charge that pack over a 24 hour period.

You need to tell me the output in volts and amps to get a better idea of your charging power, such as 5v 1a or 5v 2a or whatever it may be.

1 Like

Sorry 5v …2.0a from power socket and the usb socket is from the same wall. Theres no datails on it but when i cahrge other things from it theres never an issue with speed or anything. I never charge from a laptop or speaker or anything. Majority of the time i use the mains.

1 Like

Whats the exact model number of your battery pack?

Is powercore+ 20100 not the model number?

hello, I was also wondering, is it important to charge with a specified charger ? or any mobile charger is ok ? Thank you for your help.

Sorry again, I have the 26000 and it seems that I cannot use it to charge a mobile when the powerbank is charging ? I could do it with my former very cheap powerbanks, but not with expensive Anker ? can you confirm please ? thank you.

These don’t support passthru.

Sorry, it means that all Anker cannot be used when charging ?
isn’t it too stupid ?

http://community.anker.com/search?q=passthru%20