How much storage space is too much?

My wife gives me grief about this, I have stuff from high school and the one time she through stuff out I ended up needing it a week later. When I couldn’t find it I asked her and she goes oops I through it away, 965 ghost so frustrating.

1 Like

If I would have kept all the things I got in my life, the house would have broken down, as I am a hunter for antiquities and other things.

Here in Munich we have a lot of those markets were everybody can offer things not needed anymore. ( Equal to the garage sales in the US, but all sellers are gathering at a huge place.) Every Friday and Sunday I’m out there.

Good for an old fellow, like me!
Moving around a lot, having fun and talking to other “companheiros” :grin:

My wife loves going antiquing and even more so antique books. And I agree if we kept everything the house would be in shambles and broken. I know what I need and don’t need, I’m just too tired to go through it all. Sadly I’m gonna have to though because were moving in August and it’s coming up fast and I can can take everything with me

My father said:
“3 times moved is like one time burnt down.” :grin:
Good luck!

IIRC you can swap out the SSDs on the Macbook Airs. I think they used m.2 nvme SSDS. Pretty easy to swap out, and all you would need to do is make a recovery disk image with usb thumbdrive to boot from to reinstall mac os.

4 TB Currently. The MORE the better haha! Like this post if you agree

@bajan
:+1:t2: On trying to boost your “:heart:” figures :yum:

1 Like

Ideally I would like however much storage space it would take to store a 8k 360° action cam video for every day of my life. So whatever 48 Gbps × 80-90 years is. I think I might have a data hording problem.

1 Like

Honestly, I would recommend staying on your 128GB 6s. Even though the 7 might be a bit faster, you will have a lot more storage space (try downloading music and stuff, have fun with it) and also a headphone jack. The camera quality didn’t increase much, and unless water resistance is really important to you, definitely stay with the 6s. Did I mention it has a headphone jack?

-PaperAirplaneGuru

Lol I have stuck with my 6s so far and haven’t made the jump. I done well to declutter my storage though to get down to under 30gb :slight_smile:

I know what you are saying about the headphone jack but to counter that … Soundcore Spirit wireless earphones. I’ve been rocking them since I got them through the power user program and they have become my main wireless earphones :slight_smile:

For real, I use to worry about headphone jacks but I realized earlier this year that all I have been using is bluetooth. The only time I have used wired headphones was when I forgot to charge all of my bluetooth headphones, and I only used the wired for about an hour and switch right back to bluetooth the moment they were charged up. I too have been rocking my spirit x since i got them.

Headphone jacks aren’t really necessary provided you have BT 5.0 on your phone and BT 5.0 headphones but if you don’t have both the sound quality is noticeably different then with a wired connection. Until manufacturers start producing all phones with BT 5.0 and we see more headphones and speakers with 5.0 then I would like to see the headphone jack stick around.

Not to mention the loss of the ability for external mics and headsets when your BT headphones have a dead battery.

5 years ago I had dozens of thousands of photos badly stored in different folders, heritage of too many movings in my life. It was driving me crazy, not knowing where everything was, how to find it, if something got lost, and even knowing there would be copies and duplicates. It took me a couple of weeks to sort it out and create a system that could work long-term. Besides the digital photos - which were easier since I could read the metadata do find out dates - there were also hundreds of scanned pics. But I got to turn a nightmare into a nicely comprehensible photo album where I can easily go to a date and find what I want.

It’s never too late to start organizing your digital life. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Storing data garbage is what we do usual.
The pile of never seen photos and films will start to live a life of a “compulsive holder” (in German “messie”). I had the same problem with storing things I bought at the “flea market”. But now I cleaned the house. FINE NOW!!! All gone…

1 Like

So to add to my madness, Newegg has sent me a new 3TB portable hard drive to test out. This one I added to my router so everyone can access the files anywhere. I set it up so a good portion of my music and movies are available anytime anywhere from any device. This is something I should have done a long time ago as its already been helpful. Now I don’t have to rely on google to save important files as in can do so to this Hrd drive as needed

Happy days :+1:t2: You were saying you needed more space to increase your buffer level :tongue:

Do newegg have a similar community forum? With power user equivalent?

I am one of Newegg Eggxpert reviewers, so manufacturers request certain products be reviewed and in return we get to keep said items, all we have to do is post our review on Newegg and if need be to the manufacturer’s site as well.

1 Like

Ah ok, that’s pretty cool.

I’ve had a quick nosey around site, they have a good range of products. It’s payday so I didn’t delve too deep :joy:

1 Like