How long does it take you to charge up the PowerCore 20100?

hey folks.

i just received my powerport solar lite and powercore 20100 battery, but i am having trouble charging up the battery after the first use. i haven’t taken it outside, but even after three days of being in direct, bright sun in our living room, the battery is only up to the first blinking light.

how many hours should it take? am i doing something wrong? do i need to take it outside (do the windows somehow interfere? do i actually have to get out there and clean them?! :slight_smile:)

david

It should take around 9-10 hrs on a 2A charger, according to Anker’s documentation. Have you tried charging the PowerCore using a USB wall charger or just via USB to eliminate if the PowerPort solar is at fault?

It wont work with a solar lite panel. I have one and use it in BRIGHT sunlight and it won’t charge at full capacity. Contacted Anker and they sent a replacement and still nothing. So they said it was not compatible due to several factors when it comes to using a solar panel such as shade and all that thats beyond my knowledge lol.

You should not have got the lite version. You need a minimum 20W panel.

I use a larger panel and can charge USB batteries to fully charged.

The bigger the panel the better.

Phones are different you can plug them in directly into the panel and get useful fast charging because they are happy with a 1A type input. BUT as the sun’s brightness can fluctuate such as passing cloud, and so the voltage fluctuates, the phone can stop recharging and you have to unplug and attach the cable to the phone when the sun returns as the phone (I’m thinking iPhone is notorious) will simply not accepting a fluctuating input.

2 Likes
1 Like

Eight hours for me, however you’re unable to charge a device while you charge your power bank.

Direct sunlight? No windows absorbing energy?

Perhaps you should measure the output instead of relying on the kind of crazy that insists raising taxes will cool the sun.

Amazon ASIN: B00S2KHIUK

1 Like

Hi this is AnkerDirect,

The Anker PowerCore External Battery 20100mAh is one of our highest capacity batteries so it needs a pretty powerful wall charger to ensure it’ll charge properly. When using a 5V/2A adapter, it needs 10-11hour. When using 5V/1A adapter, it needs 20-21 hours.

Please ensure that the wall charger you’re using is capable of providing at least 5V/2A. The solar charge only can up to 5V/2.1A under direct sunlight.

If you have any issue in the two products, please contact our Customer Service Center. The email address is support@anker.com.