Honor Roll = Power User

Often in the same boat myself for that one :smile: besides also hating being on camera, even if itā€™s just audio :laughing:

no but I guess as i donā€™t do much YT reviews. Also it is hard to do better than others. Plenty of folks here doing YT reviews (incl you Josh).

So there is different type of reviews, early access for Anker eyes only, then initial release limited volume for general review. There is likely already plenty of people doing the latter who already own a decent camera and audio. Really for a good looking review it is really about the camera and the microphone, and you need a tripod. i.e. you do lots of reviews and you invested in the equipment. There are less of those folks but sufficient, already.

Most YT reviews are a decent camera on tripod and you never see the reviewer. Thatā€™s perfectly fine.

Here is an example of a role model reviewer for sound, they have set up proper gear to produce a quality review off which a robust opinion can be formed.

So sending free stuff to that person would overall do better good for everyone than sending to me.

I believe I can form a robust review in text.

3 Likes

From what I can remember on my first one/two rejections, no reasonā€™s are given, only something like criteria not met. If you donā€™t exactly have a review history with some sort of ranking or following, it normally goes against youā€¦after all they want to reach as many as possible through someoneā€™s reviewsā€¦

So Iā€™ve been on the Anker Power User group since late 2014 (I think). I applied and got accepted pretty quickly. Iā€™ve not kept track of all the things Iā€™ve tested and reviewed, but all my reviews are text and photo based. Never done audio or video reviews.
I have however taken videos with audio when Iā€™ve came across a problem with a device. Then forwarded this on to Anker support to sort out (which is does, normally quickly)
Iā€™ve given a whole range of ratings for devices. If I show disappointment in a review, Anker support generally got in touch to find out what was wrong and where they could have improved. The review rating however was never requested to be changed.

Like others have mentioned, I prefer to test products as a ā€œfinal releaseā€ tester. Itā€™s something I have done for years as part of my main job, so being logical and methodical about it helps.

3 Likes

A final release tester meaning before the release, correct?

Yup. Seen as a final test before the general public getā€™s their hands on it. Generally you would expect the product to be fully functional and working as desired by this point - a finished product.
But occasionally there are oversights that the makers have not foreseen.

3 Likes