"Homebase is switching to wifi repeater mode" message driving me crazy

I activated the WiFi connection on the home base and sometimes it goes crazy and starts announcing back and forth that it’s switching from wired to Wi-Fi. It sounds like in a loop and loud. Really annoying. I understand when the power or internet goes out, but for no reason.

Homebase is switching to wifi repeater mode
Homebase is switching to Ethernet mode

Is there any way to mute this announcement?

This has happened to me too, it’s really annoying.

It would be better to have notifications in the app, not these constant repeating messages blaring out of the homebase every 15 seconds.

Now this issue is bugging me. I just want to be able to turn this announcement (or any audible HomeBase announcement) off. I do NOT want this voice waking me up in the middle of the night with information I do not need.

I am quite frustrated with Anker/Eufy lack of support for many frequently requested features/fixes. I’ve tried opening trouble reports which go nowhere. Anker has failed to live up to the reputation I was told it has by the owner of another product. Do they even read this stuff or are we just on our own once they’ve taken our money?

Speaking of reading… read this.

Think mods should re-pin.

@topher11 the community is a place for members to chat and support each other with issues. If you are needing support outside of what other members can provide you would be best reaching out to support@eufylife.com or support@anker.com to log a ticket with the support desk. The response will be quicker.

1 Like

Mine has started doing this too. The homebase is yattering on, the dog is barking at it and I’m going demented. I tried restarting the homebase and it shut up for a little while but it’s started up again.