Home Base connection

I just received a EufyCam E2 Cam Kit last night. I activated the home base and both cameras but have not placed the cameras outside yet. They are both sitting on a kitchen counter at the moment turned off. From work, I wanted to try to turn them on but I keep getting the following error messages - “Unable to connect to HomeBase. (-3)” or "Failed to request. (-126). Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Is it possible your Homebase is turned off or otherwise not connected to the internet?
At any rate, feel free to reach out to support@eufylife.com and they can start troubleshooting this issue with you.

It was on and working when I left the house.

1 Like

Did you pair and sync both cameras to the homebase? Also did you allow the firmware updates to go through?

One other thing, when I’m at work I cannot use my work wifi to connect to the cameras as I get the same error message. But once I switch to cellular service it starts working again. So maybe its that?

1 Like

Thanks. Yes I did everything you mention last night and both cameras were working fine. I’ll try on cellular.

1 Like

It’s the work wifi. When I got out of the building, I was able to turn both cameras on without issue. Thanks @Tank

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted, and I figured it real quick when that happened to me. My work wifi causes issues with streaming music too, so now I just use my data. Thank goodness for unlimited data plans

1 Like

I experienced a similar issue. I believe it takes time to register the Home Base 2 IP back to eufy’s server so when you are away from your wifi it can find your home base. Can’t say more on how the software and internet handles the camera and home base 2 packet traffic and I just don’t care. I just know it was about 24 hours before my 2 Home Base 2 's showed the front door, living room, back door and entry cameras.

1 Like