Here’s every Google app with a dark mode, and how to enable it

I invert the colors on my phone in the accessibility options sometimes to save battery or at night. The existing and upcoming dark modes will hopefully eliminate this need.

Please share your thoughts about dark mode and Battery savings below.

Hope these “dark apps” will not only work in the
" dark net":sunglasses:

1 Like

I hope you don’t frequent the seedy underbelly of the internet that is the dark web. I personally have never been on the dark web and have absolutely no plans to ever go on it.

Good joke though :slight_smile::sunglasses:

1 Like

As I was working as a computer engineer at the university I can tell you a lot about the “dark net”.
Of course the combination of the dark applications you mentioned and my dark net was one of my usual jokes.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

I would rather not know. The little I do know about it makes it sound like it is all bad news. Send me a message if you want to talk a little more about it, I am a little curious about your dealings in that Realm.

Cheers buddy :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s funny, I enabled dark mode yesterday before I went to work. The battery savings is mediocre compared to with it disabled on my phone. So far I only managed to get a 5% increase with that much more eye strain when reading so for now its turned off

What type of screen does your phone have?

Galaxy s9+ which has a edge-to-edge 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display,

I would think that you would see a better increase of battery life with that type of screen.

It’s probably because I never have my screen turned all the way up so it’s as efficient as its gonna be

Yeah I never turn my screen brightness all the way up unless I’m watching video or I’m outside.

1 Like

High screen brightness is not so good for the eyes.
For example reading ebooks I never use a clear white background.
But I wouldnt use a black background with white text also reading an ebook.

1 Like