Google pay

I do love paying with my Apple Watch. 2 taps on the button and my card appears. Hold it to the terminal and bosh!!! Paid!! (If under £30 lol)

Drive thru’s Are not so clever though as I wear it on my left wrist and the window is on my right so have to twist and stretch to reach the terminals haha

I use android pay on my phone for nearly everything now. My local supermarket has even removed the max £30 limit!
However I am now at the point where I need to think about my PIN when I need to use it… Took 3 tried last to get it right time when I was filling up the car :joy:

1 Like

@Arwen if your phone has it why not just set up the fingerprint security to make it faster and easier to pay?

That is how I pay for most things. But currently unable to pay for fuel at the pump using phones :frowning: (Plus, it’s over £30 to fill my car)

I hate that you can’t use it at the gas pump. Many gas stations use a discount card that does not have swipe set up so there is that as well.

I just used Android Pay in my local supermarket, on my Android Wear watch and there is no PIN involved, I have to use an unlock (I chose a pattern) and you unlock once you put it on your wrist then there is no PIN task as the time of use. It is a two step task, I press a button as I queue to approach the queue, then once items swiped then hold wrist to til.

Visiting UK soon and will try it there with my UK card…

As its practically impossible to lose it, as its attached to your wrist, it is a good way to pay for things in pubs. Also good in wet situations.

Personally I would prefer if we move to a more bio based method - looking at til or just be present and it auto debits like Amazon Go. If you may recall that used to be how it was done in some shops, you said “put it on my tab” to the shopkeeper and came in periodically to settle your tab, so there was not money authorization at the time of each sale.

1 Like

@elmo41683 @nigelhealy I think what @Arwen is referring to is that now that she uses android pay and does not need a pin, the seldom used pin causes her to forget the said pin when she is forced to use it at the gas station that does not accept the android pay :wink: Wow that was a long sentence

3 Likes

Yea I figured as much. My local gas station allows you to pay at the pump with your watch or phone. They receny replaced all their pumps so they accept apple and google pay now at the pumps, similar to how mobile stations have the tap to pay with your keyring.

1 Like