Go Roav

Indeed, it looks fascinating. Design itself, looks sexy. :slight_smile:

Definitely looks cool! I hope they release more information about it soon.

Seems very interesting, nice to see a company trying to bridge the gap for car drivers with older non-smart featured systems.

Yet another thing for drivers to get distracted by, especially if they put it right in front of their face as in the promo photo!

Reserving any excitement until I know more. This could be good or bad. It definitely looks intriguing.

Same here, should it prove to be interesting I am just hoping they have a good method of securing to the dashboard. While I like the suction pad idea from their magnetic holder, it does have a tendency to mark soft vinyl dashboards.

I’m interested in this too. I think it’ll be dope for cars that are older and don’t have nav. Besides a HUD is way cooler than a screen!

It has only just hit me that it is probably pronounced “rove” versus “row-av.” :smirk:

Latest update is a broad list of features:

I heard Roav is doing beta testing according to their Twitter. I really hope I get a chance, I have 4 different cars to test it on!

Roav looks like an incredible solution to needing a better in-dash system! Very excited to see where this is headed. As a new dad - I know I am looking for a better way to use navigation and communication tools!

Just noticed that myself but missed the end date. Anyone know if it was just limited to US users?

Very cool. I wonder if it needs an internet connection.

It looks really cool!

As long as it understands me better than Siri does … I’m in! I still find myself looking down at my phone when giving commands to make sure it does its job, well it never does and I’m driving and aggravated so I give up, pull over, type it all in myself etc. I don’t want Roav to do that to me, I want it to be an awesome partner in crime and tell me the weather and ask me where I’m going, and customize the junk out of it and have updates galore!!! No joke.

The latest - looks like preorders begin on November 14 and preordering saves $200 off the retail price.

I wonder how much price will be if there’s that kind of savings on the preorder…

Sounds like it might cost a pretty penny from the look of it. Curious to know how it will interface with car easily to show petrol levels and speeds etc. Can’t see it needing professional fitting could it?

Of course it’s all speculation right now but presumably it has GPS which would allow for speed as well as navigation without having to pair it with a smartphone (and burn data).

It seems like there is a declining number of cars and drivers out there for which this fills a need (no car nav, not happy with android/apple/garmin options, but willing to pay, well, more than $200).

It all depends, I think, on how much the Roav is able to handle itself, as opposed to merely passing through from a smart phone.

I would also guess it is just plugged into a 12v outlet, which means the more ambitious could hardwire it for a more finished appearance.

im thinking it may plug into the obd-II port based on this pic, to get vehicle info that way and uses bluetooth with phone.(im just guessing but have kickstarted and tested other obd-II projects that convert vehicle computer info into usable data for phone apps)

Also, As you can see with this pic it adds support for cameras as well which is really exciting to me, as i use a dashcam now. Perhaps some sort of augmented collision avoidance perhaps.

This pic also lists HUD control, voice control and d-pad controller for steering wheel.

I agree with you there. Unfortunately that’s an immediate dealbreaker for the increasing number of folks who use their OBDII port already for an insurance device (think Progressive’s Snapshot).

With preorders, are they just trying to gauge interest? I need more information, what does this thing actually DO besides making our dumb cars smart? I need more.