GlassGuard for iPad 10.5: A screen protector that truely protects

DISCLAIMER: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. Nonetheless, my review is fair and all words I’m writing express my honest opinion.

The timing for receiving Anker’s screen protector couldn’t be any better as it arrived only a couple of days before the iPad itself was delivered to my home address. That gave me time enough to carefully review the product and then to test it before writing my thoughts down.

The first thing you’ll notice when you get this product is its package. It comes in a folio-type box which not only keeps it safe from damage but it also shows the quality of the product you are about to unveil.

Inside the box you’ll find the screen protector itself, wrapped into 2 layers of plastic bags. No chance of it getting damaged - well done Anker! You’ll also get the usual stuff: Anker Tempered-Glass Screen Protector, alcohol wipe, microfiber cloth, positioning stickers, dust removal sticker, bubble removal card, installation guide.

I applied the screen protector and found that I made a bit of mistake to align it with the home button. No worries, just try it again. Its adherence was amazing even after a couple of attempts. I have used a lot of screen protectors in the past so didn’t use the positioning stickers. The thing is that I also hadn’t had a device this big for a while. So strongly advise you to follow the very clear instructions and use the positioning stickers. I’ve used them in the past and can vouch for them.

I’ve used the iPad without the protector for a bit. Then applied it. The Retina Clarity that Anker advertises is real. You can’t tell the difference in terms of screen colours. Could find any glare either.

The other topic I was excited about was to test my new Apple Pencil with this screen protector. It works just as well as without. You can write with the pencil and not notice the latency between devices. So it clearly passed the test with flying marks.

Last but not least, it is a resistant screen protector. Obviously I haven’t tested dropping heavy objects onto the iPad screen, but I did blend it a bit and it gave me peace of mind that my iPad’s screen is in good hands.

OH! And it’s always good to know that you count on Anker’s lifetime warranty and friendly customer service.

SUMMARY: I tend to like Anker products and find them really good value for money. I’ve tested a few in the past and also bought a lot.

This is no different. I totally recommend this screen protector as it in my opinion is, no doubt, a 5 star product!

2 Likes

Great review.
I’ve always been wary of attempting to install a screen protector on any of my iPads due to the screen size and margin for error and getting dust between the screen and the protector on initial installation. I have enough of a problem getting a screen protector (glass or plastic) on my iPhone 5S with it’s miniscule screen compared to even my iPad mini 4 . I’m a HUGE stickler for dust between the screen and protector and alignment and many times, I have to re-lift the protector off and pull off anything I find with Scotch tape. Maybe one day, I’ll attempt a glass protector install on my mini 4.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Anker knows you were supplied a test sample. I do not think there is a need for the disclaimer in the beginning. Other than that great review! :grin:

1 Like

Go for it!! :grinning: Anker screen protector comes with lots of things (stickers, cloth) to help you with dust removal. And to be fair, just spend a couple of minutes cleaning the screen and you should be good.

As mentioned in my review even if you need to lift the screen protector and re-apply its still works great.

Thanks!!

I know, Anker knows, but others might not and I like to be honest in my reviews…and also I’ve used this review elsewhere (eg Amazon) and I like to point others to Anker’s forum. So thought a disclaimer made sense :grinning:

Good review! When you used after a period of time, you can also update your thread, we believe this product can be trusted.:grin:

1 Like

Nice review :thumbsup:

Been using Anker glass screen protectors myself since my first iPad and smart phone. The folio box packaging is the way to go with these and I can’t understand why more don’t use them. Three other brands I purchased prior arrived shattered due to just being in a cardboard sleeve, I mean come on it is glass after all :confused:

2 Likes