Give Your Samsung Galaxy S8 A Friend!

Who has a Samsung Galaxy S8? Show of hands.

…okay, put your hands down. Don’t drop your phone.

What’s better than having one of the slickest mobile phones on the market? Keeping it charged for days without plugging into the wall…

Anker PowerCore+ 21000

PowerCore+ 21000 fits easily in any backpack or laptop bag. Have all the power (mwahahahaha!) whenever your conference call/YouTube binge/villainous scheme requires it.

There’s USB-A ports and a dual-direction USB-C port for juicing up your phone and the charger itself. Genius! Charge your Galaxy S8 up to six times on-the-go.

What are your must-have accessories for a shiny new mobile device? Let us know in the comments!

4 Likes

hoo, in a glance of the title i thought you wanted me to give me S8 to a friend, lol, even though i don’t have one…:joy:

3 Likes

Looks good :heart_eyes: I’ve been using PowerCore+ 26800 and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 to charge mine but would love this so I only have to carry one cable around.

Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 review: Review: Anker PowerCore Speed 20000

2 Likes

I’d like to know which Anker battery pack/ technology can charge my S8 Plus the quickest as QC3 seems not being enabled by Samsung on the phone?

2 Likes

Must have assessories is a great case, shock proof, water proof, and great to the look, along with that a portable charget that is sleek to the touch and very powerful!

2 Likes

These 2 chargers are too good to get now, it’s unavailable currently:grin:. So the PowerCore+ 21000 could provide alternatives to you.:grin:

3 Likes

The PowerCore Speed 10000 have Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology and it’s also compatible with Samsung.

Can you guys give some better suggestions than mine :blush:? @ndalby, @TechnicallyWell, @nigelhealy,@joshuad11

2 Likes

We can treat Anker PowerCore Case as a safe phone case.:laughing:

2 Likes

Smaller amount of cells have less Wattage output. Do we have any benchmarks of how a 10Ah charges vs larger like a 13Ah, 15Ah, 20Ah? Are we saying the 18W maximum of QC3 is the sustained output of a Powercore Speed 10000? Even when say it is nearly depleted? Skeptical.

Just because something is QC3 is an “upto” but does not equate to “is”.

2 Likes

It would depending on the end users size vs weight vs charge cycle’s required but my suggestions;

PowerCore+ 21000

Pros - USB-C or USB charge, up to six charge cycles on full battery, ability to charge other devices at the same time
Cons - Size if not carrying a backpack / laptop case etc, weight 455g

PowerCore+ 13400mAh

Pros - Compact size so pocket friendly, 306g weight, 3-4 charge cycles for the S8, slighty over 3 for the S8+, ability to charge other devices at the same time
Cons - not USB-C so a USB to USB-C cable would be needed, less charge cycles than the 21000 if away from mains for a long time

PowerCore+ 10000mAh

Pros - Compact/pocket friendly size, 281g (so lighter than both others), up to 3 charge cycles for S8, 2 and a bit for S8+
Cons - not USB-C so a USB to USB-C cable would be needed, single device only charge, lower charge cycle’s compared to others if mains power is not going to be readily available once charge has been depleted

3 Likes

I agree with @ndalby’s suggestions. I found this interesting tidbit: apparently the S8 will not fast charge if the screen is on @Chris_V1

1 Like

Thermal throttling due to DC-DC conversion and the heat of recharging competing with the GPU and CPU.

1 Like

That is defiantly true, I’ve even told my family members about the PowerCore Case and they are going to but one themselves!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advices received.
I finally went for the Powercore speed 20000 and can confirm likely QC 3 is working if the below can state this
;
S8+ start charge at 25% capacity shows via QC USB output na fast charge notification 1 hour 17 minutes to reach 100%.
On the other USB ; no fast charge notification but still only 1 hour and 38 minutes needed.
I would be surprised if any other Anker charger would even be faster.

That is not a fair way to measure QC because you measured from 25% and measured to 100%.

QC takes advantage of the fact that a less charged cell can ingest more - so if you began at 0% it would charge faster than at 25%. The common denominator charging rate is 10W, while QC is 18W so QC wins proportionately more at lower charge levels.

All cells must trickle charge as it gets near full, so all charging technologies end up the same speed as you approach 100%.

QC wins when its say 0% to 50%. Newer QC are improving that lower end up % rates as they are exploiting more the gains at the lower end of % with even higher Wattage.

An example from another phone

Personally I either avoid Qualcomm QuickCharge or prefer the OnePlus DASH as it does the DC-DC conversion off-phone so it charges just as fast if the phone is in use.

An interesting one to measure would be as your chosen Powercore Speed 20000 gets empty, is it capable of outputting the same QC level? Theory would suggest no but a meter is needed.

1 Like