Get rid of PowerDraw, Testing Club and Power User Tabs

@AnkerOfficial

Why is Anker keeping PowerDraw, Testing Club and Power User tabs? if they have no plan of ever doing them again.
This forum is almost dead and it is very unfortunate the way it has gone downhill since last 2 years.

9 Likes

I think there’s so little worth in the forum for Anker now there’s no benefit in updating and keeping it fresh.
I think member input dwindled proportionate to the giveaways and competitions.
Looking at the quantity of comments, likes and new threads I would say the lack of an end of year giveaway in 2020, for the top 10 most active members was the beginning of the end.

5 Likes

BUT WE WILL STAY! :laughing:

Lets think about new themes we can talk about.

Seems really nobody cares about what we are doing here.
We are autarkic! :rofl:

6 Likes

Social media does seem like there is an increase in that type of communication.

Anker and Eufy seems to be less admin driven right now as far as interactions. Although I will say, Eufy does do a lot more of their actions through the app itself.

Although I do not comment as much on here as I should. I know the bucks are burning in everyones pockets right now. I am about 300 from leveling but I think winning a powerdraw will be hard as everybody will have a buttload of bucks to spend.

5 Likes

Not worth it when there is no traffic being driven here. Anything they are putting out on any social is going to go to Anker/Soundcore/Eufy main sites and not the community.

I updated mine so each time I get to see:

4 Likes

Me waiting for an admins response :wink:

7 Likes

They do care. I got suspended for a month. Feel the love.

Indeed but during the competitions we did complain as regulars there were purely transient engagement.

So the Testing club is a good idea as attachment of testing plan in theory would select a genuinely interested tester but we saw little filtering and some selected effectively randomly.

On the positive side the spammers are gone :smirk:

Easily solved, do some auctions after a dozen or so the mountains will be eroded.

6 Likes

So the only way they care is when it could potentially hurt their bottom line due to something being released early in lieu of an official release. Not going to lie, forgot why you got that one lol.

4 Likes

At this point, I’m just curious if they’re ever going to send out the prizes from the December giveaways.

2 Likes

Lol I bet a lot of people are wondering the same. Seems like it’s gonna be a few “weeks” delayed

4 Likes

But there was something they didn’t like.
Though there was really no reason to do so.

And in those times we were under observation. :laughing:

2 Likes

I hope they aren’t going away completely, or I think this forum will tail off into oblivion. The engagement may have been transitory, but all engagement is.

Even those who are transient are more involved when there is something interesting going on. A chance at winning something, or even just following along with an auction you can’t win is a lot of fun. Occasional support requests or community posts is not that interesting.

5 Likes

I had a dream last night…
That admins did remove PowerDraw, Testing Club and Power User Tabs. They only left Home and Forum tabs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The next dream might be a nightmare.
The “adminis” :laughing: removend the whole forum!

1 Like

Hey, if the place isn’t active and they aren’t getting value out of it, it might make sense.

None of their competitors have active forums that I know of. And maybe it isn’t hurting them and social media is more valuable for their efforts. And no need to maintain a forum themselves.

3 Likes

I think your correct @jercox
And this forum is quite unique in the level and type of communication between members.

1 Like

I agree. I certainly have never found any forums quite like those here (including member and admin interactions) along with the many opportunities to interact, test, review and comment about products. Also the ability to join constant free giveaways set @AnkerOfficial apart from almost every other company in the same field.
I really wish everything would be salvaged and everything would be started up again even though as it’s already been said it may be dead in the water.

2 Likes

Do you want me to come back full time to bring some welshness :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁡󠁏󠁳󠁿 To the party :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Of course!
We were missing you all the time at our regulars’ table.
“welshness” is a good expression.

How could I say “Bavarianess”? :rofl:

5 Likes

I reached out to Anker support regarding some compatibility issues with the 521 unit and asked about if these were tested; they stated that it was widely tested and found compatible with most solar setups. I again repeated that power users/real users/technical users and non-influencer testing is very important and wish the would reconsider.

The Anker brand and subsidiaries were largely built by this forum and testers to put out reviews on various platforms; its kind of sad to see them go to the wayside.

4 Likes