Fusion out

Is the jumpstarter using the new battery supplier?

If you recall, members here often point to codes they get from different sources they are not all from official announcement.

Also bear in mind it was a holiday weekend and official announcement would be from employees vs unofficial from unpaid volunteers doing the likes of reviews etc and benefit from codes to pull eyeballs to revenue earning means (sites, or referral codes).

In this case it was a community example where folks like me noticed it and another saw the review and posted the code. Those who were not active in the community were not here to benefit.

1 Like

I don’t know. If you look at the tear downs available, the computer generated videos, and just the shape, you see what appears to be Lithium Polymer in the Jumpstarter, the Slim 5000, the Powercore II, and my guess in the Fusion also. Polymer can be made into any shape and as the polymer comes with less protection it needs added protection, the tear-down videos stop at that added protection so you cannot see the underlying make/model. The 18650B like in the 10000, 26800, 20000, etc the make/model is on the outside of the protection so its clear.

If I read the pros/cons of polymer, the need to add protection is what is preventing from safely knowing make/model, is a cause of why the Wattage output trend seems to be higher and why the density seems a little worse.

But I don’t know.

Hi everyone, we’ve noticed your heated discussion about our Powercore Fusion! This product was so hot, it completely sold out in less than 3 hours! But don’t worry, we’ve got a lot more coming very soon. Keep checking our community and your email for updates. :wink:

2 Likes

3 hours sounds amazing. What the web page tracker showed was it ran out of stock over 3 days, it flip flopped quite a bit and yes now settled as it disappeared off Anker’s page and unavailable on Amazon. The last step before unavailable was Prime shipping disappeared.

Was there a discount on it?

Oh so you were talking about the Fusion not the jumpstarter?!

I expect an official announcement from Anker and I’m sure that’s what they would wish for too!

1 Like

I’m keeping my eye out for them–thanks for the info!

I got mine. Shown central is the Fusion, for scale to left is Powerport2, to right the Powerport5 and below the Powercore 1000.

I will do some testing to primarily check it is working and to learn its limitations, I’m flying next 2 weeks so it will get some travel attention.

1 Like

$20.49

code KINJFUSN

One per customer, so if you want to buy multiple then must use Amazon Household and another account to share any Amazon prime.

Thinking about getting a Fusion… It’s on sale. Would you recommend? Thanks.

No.

It falls out easily.

if you’re referring to the $22 offer today, its been lower, I seen at $20. Logic is it will return back to $20 or even lower if you want it and no rush. You know my view, its not wildly innovative and given it has been popular, a redesign should be in the works.

1 Like

Is this due to it’s weight? Do other devices plugged in to the same power outlet stay in?
The reason I bring this up is that I just replaced a whole slew of power outlets (USA) in a friend’s home due to wear. After many years of plugging/unplugging, the outlets themselves can wear (internally at the contacts level) and won’t hold certain plugs correctly. The outlets themselves are quite inexpensive at .49 cents (Home Depot in a package of 10) and replacing them (assuming one knows what they’re doing) can be the best fix for these “loose” plugs.

1 Like

So I don’t have all the necessary measuring equipment to do this reply a robust justice. I only have cheap mechanical kitchen scales and observation.

This does as you say depend on the socket. Well used plugs like in hotels and airports are where you tend to be traveling and tend to be more sensitive to access to power, and that is where the problem exists. It is so bad that I often have to use a Powerport4 with a cord, or carry an extension cable, to make the weight on the wall as little as possible.

There is also airplane seat sockets, they have a little spring in them to push out plugs.

My Fusion is an EDC in the home-office day, it is compact and simpler than a charger+cable+battery. It is not for traveling with where the plugs are of on average lower strength.

I also actually think the Fusion 5000 can be improved upon. Given it is only 5000mah, it should be lighter.

On kitchen scales it is 6.5oz, the battery inside it (26650) is 3oz, so the other 3.5z is packaging and 10.5W charger. The Powerport2 24W is 3.2oz, the Aukey 12W is 1oz. So I reckon with product refinement it can be made smaller and lighter. The size matters in that is has a long length pulling off the wall, and the bulk of the weight is the battery and it is placed also pulling away from the wall, so the CoG of the Fusion is about half its depth. That could be designed much better with either the shape being flush (but then it restricts the places it can be plugged, accepted trade-off) or the battery kept up against the side with the pins to pull the CoG nearer.

So the issue is then 2-fold:

• you can see how it can be improved, therefore probably it will be improved therefore you may well buy it now and kick yourself when the better version emerges
  • it does actually pull itself out of worn sockets in hotels in particular.

I think its good for an EDC in more benign situations, for that I own it and it goes in my EDC bag.

Shown is a 5000mah battery, a 12W charger, and the Fusion next to each other. Do you spot the opportunity for improvement? Lithium Polymer can be made in almost any shape. So you could make more of a product which is say the same vertical height but less depth from wall so shortening CoG so tend to pull out of weaker sockets less easily.

BTW that 12W charger cost me $6, the battery is worth say $2-$5 depending on quality.

i bought the Fusion at $20.

Many don’t know that something like this exists:
https://www.amazon.com/ClearMax-Prong-Power-Extension-Cord/dp/B013H8VIEI/

Just an FYI for those that don’t. It’s basically, a 1-foot long extension cord that lets you plug in powerstrip-hogging power bricks/chargers/etc and restrict them to a single AC outlet on the powerstrip…prevents the power bricks from blocking the other outlets. They also work very well for heavy power bricks that tend to fall out of the looser AC outlets. I’ve been using them for years now.

I aware of them. There is a love-hate on the 3 prong vs 2 prong.

3 prong tends to stay in the wall better, there’s more friction on 3 pins to resist gravity.
3 prong sockets are less common. In hotels there often are non-existent in the places where you can easily access the socket.

PS - the airplane seat problem, they seem to be more robust with a UK plug so a UK cord on the Powerport4 seems to withstand legs knocking the cord better.

Anker When are you release a quick charge version of Power Fusion

1 Like

It depends how many people want we release hahaha! :smile:

hahaha we all know we will buy that :joy: