Frustration because of dash cable non-existence

Hello All,

I am a fan of Anker products I own like 20 cables, 2 power banks, the soundcore 2 and I may forgot something.

Now I moved from Samsung products to OnePlus flagship and I just realized that I cannot charge my phone at full speed and it even harm my battery if I charge with any other cable than the original OnePlus dash cable.

I am just wondering why anker doesn’t produce any of that cable or if there is a plan to do so.
Does anyone else have this concern?

1 Like

You wont harm your phone or battery using any cable other than the one your phone comes with. You can get by using the USB-C to USB-C with power delivery…no it wont ne as fast as dash charge but your doing doing yourself a favor and extending the life of your battery by doing so.

Also, it’s such a small market to make a product for just one specific phone that I dont ever see it happening.

1 Like

In fact charging one plus with normal type C cable will get it hot and hence the battery is getting damaged of course.

but yes I agree with you they might not want to produce a cable for such a small market.

What cable are you using? Because we have a member here who uses a type c cable with his phone and has never mentioned his phone or cable getting hot or he would have mentioned it. Also, there was a ton of controversy around the original dash cable causing people’s phones to melt, they used faulty components and google called them out on it. A proper USB c with the appropriate 56k resistor should not cause any heat to build up… this of course is with using a different wall plug than the dash charger plug