Found this on Amazon today "EufyCam 2C"

I can’t say this is true for Eufycams, but I know with the other brands the motion detection works much better if the motion is going across the camera (moving horizontally). So walking straight towards a camera, which I assume is similar to what you mean by approaching, will be worse at detecting motion than if you were to walk from left to right (or vice versa) across the frame.

For what it’s worth, after inquiring about the new cameras, I received an email from Eufy support last night saying the EufyCam 2 models will be available “offline only” and “in BestBuy in 30 days”, which I’m going to guess means “within 30 days” due to a previously-stated November release date. Perhaps Black Friday, since product pages already exist on Eufy and Best Buy.

Is it true that the new Eufycam 2 and 2C do not have expandable storage for 128 GB sd cards? It seems like its fixed 16GB internal memory. If that is true, I will not wait for the new cameras and by the existing sd card compatible ones.

Also - would they or would they not have the option to stream to NAS storage?

Actually, I think I answered a part of my question by reading properly :slight_smile:

“Homebase 2 doesn’t come with Micro SD card, it comes with built-in 16GB eMMC, more stable and faster access than micro-SD. Also, it comes with a USB slot that support USB storage.”

That last part about USB storage was what I missed. However, it doesn’t give a limit on it yet and I’m not sure about NAS.

Currently the only option I see for NAS is my Cam E paired to my Homebase 2. The Cam 2C cams do not have that option. Maybe there will be a software update that will allow this?

EufyCam 2 showing as available for anyone else on BestBuy.com? I’m already seeing 5 reviews with photos - how is this possible if it’s online-only?

Baffling - just got off the BB chat with a CS rep, and was told the 5 5-star reviews “…are the reviews given by our customers who are really interested on [sic] the product.” Sounds like Best Buy is receiving reviews for EufyCam 2 from beta testers, et al (corrected).

These have been in beta test for a while now, so you cant say that someone’s paying best buy for fake reviews as once these are available users can post their reviews on them

Shouldn’t the reviews at least specify, a la Amazon, that they received the product for free or for a discounted price via the beta program? :thinking:

they could be beta units or not, i dunno i was just mentioning that it could be. as far as I see these are available on Amazon and best buy so who know

Agreed. Can you share the links you’ve found for currently-available EufyCam 2 products on BB and/or Amazon? I can’t seem to find them. Only seeing the 2C.

yea i was only talking about the 2c
but here is the eufy cam 2 on amazon

3 Likes

Well spank my @$$! Thanks stranger!

2 Likes