For everyone that told me Wireless power Banks were a bad idea

3 Likes

Well to be honest it is still inefficient and there is a ton of power loss not to mention there is no fast charging when it comes to those.

But I do have a wireless baterypack that offers up wireless charging. I got it from another company to test out, and it has worked as it should and they even offered a larger size battery to compensate for the power loss. So really if a company can find a fine balance between everything and still keep it portable then I no l longer see an issue with them.

2 Likes

I know other companies have been making them for a while and inefficiency is an issue but the fact that Tesla’s first batch sold out so quickly demonstrates that there is a market. Most new phones have wireless charging capabilities and it a nice feature when you forget your charging cable at home. I’m sure Anker can cook up a fast-charging version. I wouldn’t want a power bank / wireless charger that was less than 20,000 mAh so the phone could fit comfortably on top and have plenty of extra power for power loss. The only issue I can see would be extra heat degrading the batteries but with larger mAh capacity and a large heatsink that quickly becomes a non-issue.

1 Like

Just like their flamethrower (which is a horrible idea to sell to normal people might I add), the gimmick aspect of Tesla trying to raise money and people buying it for the name makes me somewhat hesitant to say these are a way of the future just yet. That said, I would consider a wireless bank if one were available in higher quantities, but my power banks are never run on a flat stationary surface so having it corded is still best for me as of now. For more on a terrible idea see below…

https://www.boringcompany.com/not-a-flamethrower/

1 Like

Heat is not an issue with the one I have and posted above, the all aluminum construction dissipates the heat really well and you barely notice it getting warm. This one is a 13800mAh LiPo battery, and I can get 3 full charges on my S9+.

I have not seen anyone make a fast wireless charging batterypack so not sure what would need to be done. But yea I’m sure Anker can handle this.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t think that it sold out because there is such a big market. I assume it was more important to the customers that it had the Tesla branding.

I don’t know why you would want to have a Powerbank with wireless charging. Sure you can use it when you have nothing to do with it. But if you want to use it is the wire a better option

That’s a fair assessment, still think the wireless aspect played a big part.

So you don’t have to worry about hauling around two or three cables.

Wish the powerbank would wirelessly recharge as well thou

1 Like

There is a wireless powerbank on Amazon that converts from a charging base/wireless charging pad to a portable powerbank that really intrigues me. But alas, its not fast charging and only 5000 mah. There’s definitely a market and the technology is on the verge of delivering

1 Like