Finally a PD PowerCore+!

I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us bud. Its all good.

1 Like

Can anyone explain to me where this item went on the website? You cannot find this item in the “High Capacity Portable Chargers” section…unless I am blind.

I see it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Nintendo-Delivery/dp/B01MZ61PRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500911507&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+powercore+26800+pd

But I can’t see on Anker.

1 Like

yeah, it seems to be gone from the anker website. Just wondering. O.O

Don’t read too much into it. Items disappear and reappear all the time.

1 Like

Powercore+ 26800 w/PD can charge iPad 12.9 really fast! iPad gets a little warm though. Best portable charger I have.it recharged fast also.

Apple charges $50 for 29w charger this pd batt. Includes charger for free!

How fast? From what % to what % in what time.

Anker claims 2 hours.

Well the 12.9 is a 38.8Wh battery so a 29W should do it in about 1.7hr (0-85% is 33Wh so should be in 1.13hr at 90% efficiency then half the speed 85%-100% 38.8*.15/29*2/.9 = 0.45h so total of 1.7h

So to take 2hr seems a little shabby. That implies more throttling earlier than 85%?

Yep. Throttling starts at 80

I’m no electrical engineer,but i know pd 26800 will charge 2017 iPad 12.9 faster than included 12w charger.that comes with iPad.

1 Like

Yes because 29 > 12

It is not electrical engineering. The ipad is capable of ingesting at 29W, so a 29W will be faster than a 12W.

Pd 26800 seems to charge iPad as fast or faster than oem 29w.

1 Like

Tim Cook says iPad Pro can fast charge at keynote, Apple Store employee tells me NO ! Says it will shorten batt. Life and use between charges. Will pd 30w shorten lifespan on iPad ?

1 Like

@nigelhealy Would know more about that than myself.

Also the PowerCore PD is capable of only 27W, not 29

It depends on what Apple decided was the thermal throttling temperature during recharge. If they had chosen to set it higher then you’d get faster recharge time but the battery would age faster.

http://www.batteries2020.eu/publications/201509EPE15/Ageing.pdf

But I suspect that temperature effect is secondary to the human factors dimension. If:

• someone thought “oh i own this really fast recharging battery”
  • therefore did “i now can use my ipad til its nearly flat because I know I can recharge it fast”
  • then you’d be causing deep cycles which ages batteries even faster than the effect of temperature.

So ironically it might be you the owner causing the problem with how you behave due to having this technology rather than the technology itself.

So recommendations:

• keep liberally attached to power as much as is sensible to reduce depth of discharge. If you think "because i can I will’ on using unplugged from power a long time you are via that thinking aging the battery faster.
  • the heat by-product of recharging ages the battery, the heat by-product of using the tablet whilst recharging compounds it, so if you did happen to require to use the ipad unplugged from power for a long time, then consider not using the ipad whilst recharging.
  • the more you use a battery the faster it ages, so just keep near power as much as practical.
  • you have paid a lot of $ for the ipad so use it! Just try to use it’s unplugged from power use to a sensible limit related to need, because if you keep it unplugged and use it a long time more than you need to then it will age faster.
  • consider turning it off before doing a full recharge from empty to full, so the heat from the CPU is removed. It will likely recharge faster as well as age slower.
2 Likes

Thanx for the useful info!

1 Like