FIFA World Cup - who's following?

When I was a child:
There was only ONE neighbour in our little village who had a TV.
So all habitants gathered in his living bringing their own chairs some boxes of beer (OF COURSE :yum:),

And this was really!!! an event.
Nowadays they are starting those kind of events again.
But commercialized.
They call it “Public Viewing” here in Germany.
(The Germans are losing their language “Deutsch” now I call it “Denglish”)
Huge screens and projectors at those places.

So Tiago’s little laptop screen is much more familiar. :relieved:
The TVs in my youth were also quite small but the matches were better.
But not this one, I do really remeber:
Germany : Sweden (24.06.1958) : 1:3
This was a disaster,
after the Germans winning the championship in 1954…

1 Like

Love the World Cup. Gutted Wales didn’t make it. After Euro 2016 (The most amazing summer ever) it would have been a dream to be there. Don’t think I would of gone to Russia though.

Was a shock to see Germany leave and Brazil draw yesterday. Nobody saw that coming and the pair screwed up my (small) bet lol

I did have Germany down as the winners but after seeing Ronaldo in the Portugal v Spain match I think they could do it.

1 Like

I do have two teams to care about:
I’m visiting Portugal since 40 years, so I started to learn a little bit the language. So I am a fan of the Portuguese team as well.

The result of the match Portugal : Spain was fair.
(Better to say the match Ronaldo : Spain.:grin:)

The matches of the 2 countries of the “peninsula iberica” are always more than emotional, so we have seen an excellent “fight”.

I’m pretty much the same as @TechnicallyWell , don’t follow the action closely but not fussed if it’s on in the background or monopolizing the daily news hour either…

You will be in for a treat if you get the SoundCore Flare before the next Brazil game though…tested out my ‘purchased’ one on Friday with a friends Capsule for a film, the 360 sound is really, really noticeable…even though the speaker was roughly between the two couches it filled the room to the point that audio actually sounded like it was coming from where the screen was for action sequences (which was 10ft away…certainly becoming a fav over my current Boost :heart_eyes: )

4 Likes

That’s pretty much my pitch to test the Flare! :smile: All’s missing is the Nebula Mars II to make this come true. :grin:

2 Likes

Chances are it will hit Canada (correct?) before it see’s the edges of the UK :laughing:

2 Likes

I hope it hits both our countries soon enough! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Who’s watching the game tonight?
Kinda want Belgium to win just to put England back in their little box lol.

Should be a good game :grin:

Germany though :scream:

2 Likes

The German team lost, I still can’t believe it…:sob:

I know. I had them down to win it.

Let us guess who will bring home the glory!
I guess it’s France.:imp:

I am watching the games as well. As a korean, I had hopes for korea but it was unrealistic to say the least. I am currently rooting for England…with Belgium as backup…then lastly france.

what a game today though, what…a … game

3-2 Belgium was just so epic…although i was low key rooting for the underdogs japan

Definitely a few surprises this world cup, with some major teams out by the end of the first round, and other major teams not playing well at all.

England d MAY have gone tactical nnlost the last group games on purpose to gain an advantage of an easier route??? That’s my theory.

I had Germany in the pools. Thought I had a chance and then they didn’t even make it out of the group stage!

Watching the England game now.

That Belgium 2nd half come back last night was something else.

1 Like

The English have learned now to be successful with penalty kicks.

Congrats!!!

After being 3 times eliminated at important competitions,
now they made it!!! :grin:

2 Likes

I think they were kind of lucky last night. Hendo has his pen saved and they were lucky the Columbian hit the bar.
A good save by Lickford though to get them back in it.

I’d love to see them Win it but the news channels over here would be non stop going on about it. I mean Lee Dixon and Ian Wright we’re crying last night coz they won a penalty shoot out :scream:

3 Likes

The football of our days is far away what it was in the 1960/70.
The “stars” are overpaid incompetents, nothing else.
Its not worth to watch the matches of those millionaires.