FCC Soundcore A3167 / A3167V / A3167J - Flare Mini variants

Based on the app update, it looks the same as current version but might support PartyCast. No idea about that but at least it will look the same

Iā€™m seeing thereā€™s an app update today but I donā€™t have it.

Screenshot_20210510_215205

My concern is the chaotic information and product release, Iā€™m left not trusting TWS will work and Iā€™m beginning to also think Partycast wonā€™t work because if thereā€™s a new Partycast which does TWS, it doesnā€™t work with the original Partycast, so a ā€œPartycast IIā€.

Released information is critical to know as guessing, when combined with play safe, means never buy anything until a review confirms any claim.

2 Likes

Itā€™s starting to get really really confusing to even know which product you are even buying with names repeated and Amazon listings not helpful

1 Like

The next mystery is the hardware version 2 of the Motion+

Iā€™ve checked Amazon and not yet showing an upgraded version. They have different insides but not yet communicated.

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3116

Because they changed the DAC (read the information they released) probably breaks TWS so Iā€™m just checking for an upgrade version and for it to say TWS is tested to work or tested to not work.

1 Like

Same confusion with the EUFY roboVac.
So many different models around.
Seems the company by itself doesnā€™t know
how many models they are selling at the moment. :laughing:

I really think they should change the naming to Flare Mini 2 or something to make it obvious. The current name will just increase burden on customer service reps and increase in similar threads in both community just to complain about this or resolve confusion

1 Like

Assuming thatā€™s itā€™s a different product sufficient to impact customers, but no announcement so itā€™s possible itā€™s covered in release document or not.

1 Like

Flare Mini app support now added

So question for Flare Mini owners, does this app update work on yours? If not then thatā€™s the concern thereā€™s effectively two Flare Mini, the app support the newer.

No official announcement so this is an FYI be vigilant. No sign yet on Amazon of ā€œupgradedā€ versions, but Iā€™d not expect until early/mid June based on a typical 6 weeks FCC til shipping. So just heads up.

1 Like

I will not try!
Never change a running system!

1 Like

I want to guess that the old one wonā€™t because otherwise not sure what they would update in the new one that has the same name

2 Likes

Yea no luck with my older Mini

1 Like

Just to be clear. Your Flare Mini when Bluetooth connected in the app doesnā€™t connect?

Have you tried the usual weā€™d recommend if something doesnā€™t work of reboot, clear cache, uninstall/reinstall?

If what you say is correct then theyā€™ve added app support for the future unreleased undocumented version of Flare Mini. At time of writing you donā€™t have the old Flare Mini as the new Flare Mini isnā€™t out nor announced.

Yea tried everything and my LA2P connects fine so not an issue there

You made that update with an old mini?
I never would dare!

I just updated the app. There is no way of updating Flare Mini from what I know

1 Like

I never will update that mini.
Works fine.
For eq I dont use that app,

1 Like

Not looking good. Iā€™d like someone else to test this before Iā€™m thinking my worst fear when I started this thread is true - two identical looking Flare Mini with different features.

Requires official reply with information to spot the difference so consumers know. Itā€™s the same product code and same name so a consumer is going to struggle to know the difference.

The FCC posting shows 3 variants of Flare Mini, the A3167 (same code and name as older version) and two others A3167V and A3167J. Iā€™m less concerned with those other two as different product code so easier to spot difference.

Product not released so we have time to get the future Amazon listing very clear for consumers.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a potential way consumers can spot new Vs old A3167 Flare Mini.

The original model FCC said BT 5 but the Amazon listing said 4.2 and so does the manual. I think probably the FCC was in error.

The newer model FCC says BT 5 but I think itā€™s actually going to be BT 5 as 4.2 is now 2 years older than when original shipped.

So Iā€™d expect the newer version to mention app support and BT 5.

So I think buyers of the newer model will be able to side by side tell the difference in future Amazon listings, so the only risk is a consumer who doesnā€™t look, sees mention of newer model and without scrutiny assumes incorrectly when they bought the original they thought they got the newer to then find features like the app donā€™t work.

1 Like

In the new update Flare Mini was dropped so maybe it wasnā€™t meant to be there anyway?

1 Like

Timing was off - too soon from FCC.

A roadmap would be nice.

Are you on app beta? Production is still May 12th 2.6.8

1 Like