FCC Nebula motorised projector screen

This just hit FCC

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-D0115/Users-Manual/User-manual-5315496

image image image

A simple mounted motorised remote controlled screen.

Pesonally I’d have liked a battery operated version so don’t have to be connected to power, I doubt it needs much power. Plug in a Powercore every few months to recharge it.

I am also wondering if they could have tweaked it to be integrated with the Nebula projectors remote control / app so as you begin to use the projector, the screen begins lowered, and as projector turns off, screen goes up. Then would be intelligently cooler.

They have it with all the usual plugs so I’d expect it in all the usual countries that Nebula sells in (USA, Canada, UK, Germany, etc).

4 Likes

I remember those canvas’ when simple slides were projected.
long time ago in the 1960/70.
Now sometimes these can be found at the flea markets.
Of course no integrated motor (no issues :laughing:)
And not controllable by an app.
Not more in use (huge Flatscreens in use nowadays)

2 Likes

Yes indeed there is an inherent contradiction in this.

Right now if you have a static installation, then you get a brighter crisper higher resolution lower cost flat screen option - Not Nebula.

Nebula allows portable and temporary displays, so why would you pair with a screwed in powered mounted screen?

Still, the option is coming if you want it.

I like it and I think I’m gonna by it soon for my home cinema

1 Like

I thought they would have made a portable screen to go with the tripod accessories for their portable projectors. Guess this is meant more for the ones that are less portable and are in a home theater

2 Likes

Cosmos and Solar comes to mind where for whatever reason you don’t want a permanent screen and yet it’s not portable.

If I were to set myself the challenge of such a projector, I’d be thinking attach to the ceiling and drop right down. Or in front a window you’d draw the curtains to make room dark (as projectors are dimmer than flat panels) and then drop the screen in front of the ceiling. Which is most rooms means cannot be wall mounted as you needed it some distance away.

Manual may thus be best, just pull a string.

I suppose this fits a certain type of need.

2 Likes

I refused to install motors for the blinds in my house.
The more technique the more issues.
Handwork never fails!

1 Like

Surprised they’ve gone down the motorised screen route, guessing there must be a fair few purchasers of the Comos Max (which is the crowd I’m thinking they are aiming at) for a static setup.

Price probably around £350-400?

1 Like

I wonder what’s the size of the screen :thinking:

1 Like

It’s worse. Look what they wrote.

Certified not school safe then :grin:

2 Likes

one-of-the-reasons-i-never-work-out

So glad they’ve pointed all this out, we are not safe without such non-obvious advice.

Hmm so I wonder how many times you can roll it up and down before you start noticing damage to the screen

1 Like