Facial Recognition not recognising me

Mot of the time, facial recognition does not pick me up. I have to stare right at the camera for it to work and even then it only works sometimes. I’ve uploaded a high resolution photo of my face and have tried several different photos too. It would be good if everytime it detects a “stranger” that’s actually someone that should be recognised, you should be able to somehow tell the app that its not a stranger but someone in the Familiar Faces list. That way it can learn as it detects.

Same experience here so far. :neutral_face:

Yup. Same experience.

Try reformatting the SD card…Worked for me.

What phone is this?

I know with my SAMSUNG GALAXY S8, it’s not great at responding to either facial recognition or iris recognition.

Even finger print takes a couple goes (never had one problem on my old Sony Z1, the fingerprint scanner was on the side at a very natural position). The middle of the back, makes for an awkward reach to scan my finger (even if it takes 8 images of the finger to get a good read!).

If you’ve done a software update, it could be that you just need to redo … On face recognition it takes a pic on a certain angle in certain light, and you’re asking for it to recognise you at a slightly different angle and different light tone.n source.

I’ve found iris to be better than facial at being consistent at being recognised. Even then, if I don’t line it up, JIST right, it doesn’t accept it.

@amangons

Think it’s about one of the Eufy camera systems not a mobile phone

2 Likes

It will probably be improved.

Same here. I guess eufy is working on improving the software. This is one of the key feature used for marketing during Kickstarter program

Would be good to be able to add people from the mug shots that it shows with the video rather than on a mobile

Well it would help if people said what the item is, they’re having a problem with. It makes helping a lot easier.

We are working on improving the facial recognition software, and it will only get better as time goes on. We recommend keeping the same photo (the one that works more of the time).

I know but it was posted to the “Eufy - Product discussion” section :yum:

2 Likes