External amp for mars 2 pro projector

Hi,
I have the Mars 2 pro projector. Loooove it. But, some movies are at a low volume. I use my ipad to stream to a Chromecast device. Works great. Except that some movies are streamed at a low volume. I tried to up the mars volume to 100% and then I up the chromecast volume to 100%. Treaming a starwars movie from the new Disney network, the volume is soooo looow. I can hardly hear the audio. I have tried bluetooth ear phones and the same. Low volume. Other shows like most Youtube videos are at normal volume.
That said i am looking for an external amplifier that I can use with exetnal speaks of bluetooth earphone. Anyone have a recomendation?
I heard on the TWIT.TV podcast network that the Dragonfly amps are good. A little pricey. I really want to know how much amplifing I will expect. If the volume is not loud enough then the amp is useless for me.
Bluetooth output is a must. The Mars 2 pro has a 3.5mm output plug. But I would like to use bluetooth to external headphones. I don’t know if I could split the HDMI and go into the amp. For a 5.1 or 7.1 channel output. Just trying to find options. A battery operated or self powered amp would be nice but not a must have feature.
I see that there are a lot of cheep amps on Amazon so I am not just set on a Dragonfly amp.

Thank You,
John

Hi John @John.gerard.94707,

I have the Mars 2 “non-pro”, and I never had issues with the volume, be it from the integrated speakers, BT headphones or BT speakers. I mostly use it with a pair of Soundcore Flares, and I don’t need to get the volume all the way up, not even close. I have never even considered an amp.

From your description, the problem seems to be in the streaming device volume rather than the Mars. Try connecting the device via HDMI directly to the Mars, and having that devide at maximum volume, see if that helps. If it does, than there’s probably an easy way to configure your streaming device to a higher volume. That’s what I would try before going for an amp.

Hope it helps!

Just to say, I have a similar problem. Purchased a Samsung Bluetooth Soundbar and subwoofer. I just can’t get it as loud as I need it. Shouldn’t think this should be a problem. Should I try a wired soundbar, or is there some kind of amplifier I need. (really, Anker should just up the software so the Max puts out more volume. It is nowhere near distorting any sound)