EufyCam2 - Homekit Favorites-Screen Picture Refresh Rate

Hi,
I got by EufyCam2 and have added it to HomeKit.
The cameras are added to favorites and shown on the main screen of the home app.

My iPad is on the wall and always on as my smart home overview.
The cameras are updating their picture all 10s, this drains battery.
In the Eufy app the cameras are set to “detection”.

Is this refresh rate correlated to the Eufy app modus?
Can I control the refresh rate?

Any advices, experience, recommendations?
Thanks!

1 Like

This is normal behavior for HomeKit there are no user settings to allow you to change it would be great if we could

Is this rate ALWAYS the same, or only when the security schedule in the Eufy app is set to activated?

Yes normal use for HomeKit no way to change it until we have secure video coming soon to integrate more heavily into HomeKit

Hey @feidner

Thank you for letting us know this issue.

In order to look into this issue, could you please send us an email to support@eufylife.com?

Please also let us know your eufy account and the serial number for your device.

Thank you so much for your patience. Looking forward to getting you taken care of as soon as possible!

1 Like

DONE

I will post replies here for everyone’s update though.

Well, I did get feedback, but not much to be frank…

Thank you for contacting eufy customer service.

Thank you for your feedback of the Homekit function, please be assured it updates its picture for 10 seconds. And you could not be controlled by the refresh rate.

Thank you for your suggestion about draining the battery, we would forward your suggestion to our R&D department and they will take it into consideration in the future product improvement plan.

If we can offer further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We’re always ready to help!

Have a nice weekend.