Eufycam watermark

Let’s vote

• Keep watermark
  • Remove watermark
  • Optional watermark

0 voters

3 Likes

Personally I’d say remove it for now as it can be done straight away & then make it optional when updating the app & cam for a useful feature

Good idea :clap: … I could have thought of a poll myself.

Should have could have would have didn’t😉

1 Like

yeah … blame me bro … blame me! :laughing:

Sharing is dangerous.

Husbands, wives, bank accounts… and videos.

Still no official reply… This saddens me.

2 Likes

Unlikely to be one at the weekend
Maybe tomorrow, think all of the Anker staff are China based so will be back at work in about 3 hours

I asked support (working on another issue with the doorbell) and they indicated there is no way to remove it (from doorbell or cameras).

With nest, I provided my serial numbers for all 5 of my cameras and doorbell and they had no problem removing it.

I understand why they want it, for free advertisement, but having no way to remove it even via support is a bit greedy.

1 Like

That surprises me, one person has said to keep the water mark, unfortunately I can’t see who’s voted to know who likes it

1 Like

Crowd funder, early user. Not a fan of the forced watermark, im ok with it enabled by default.
for security reasons, if i need to send content to lawyers. Protecting what device did the recording is sometimes needed.

1 Like

True. @TheDude should have made a public vote, so we could see who voted and what.
Probably a anker employee who voted to keep the (foreced) watermark :joy:

Sorry, but a lawyer or judge don’t care at all what brand recorded a security/surveillance video!
The only thing what would be interesting for them is WHAT TO SEE at the footage (robbery, murder, damage to property, car accident, brawls, or others) and a serious and correct TIMESTAMP. That’s it.

The (currently still forced) WATERMARK is just for marketing purpose!
And this is general senseless aynway, as most videos will never reach public or be viewed by anyone else than the owner of the cam.

So no reason at all to loose reputation and disgruntle its own fans and customers with a forced watermark. :see_no_evil:

Don’t get surprised to see no response on this.
give a week and we all forget about it and live with it.

1 Like

That’s their plan probably :smile: … to hush up … keep it quit … don’t know how to translate “totschweigen” correctly. Hope you know what i mean :wink:

I doubt we can, will or should live with it! Neither forget about the Watermark-Gate until this useless and annoying watermark gone lost or made optional!

I just noticed this car beeing involved in a car accident some hours ago and i can not read the number plate because of this absolutely unnecessary watermark which is just wasting pixels!

The picture/video quality isn’t the best anyway (outdated video codec) but by zooming in at maximum, i could normaly and without the watermark, i could read it (done plenty times before in similar cases).

So NO! Do never forget about this. make it optional or delete it in general, like before, and everything will be ok. If they really have nightmares and can’t live wiothout their overall loved watermark and really wanna force us to have it, then they should implement it only at the time a video is saved (downloaded) and then let us choose the position of it before downloading, so it won’t hide important informations or pixels like above!

And to be honest:
NO ONE NEEDS this watermark at all! It is useless. It will never ever bring anyone to buy this product. Not the judge, not the police officer who is watching the evidence video, not the prosecuting attorney, noone!

What DOES bring people to buy a product is positive reputation and word of mouth!
Thats the reason why my best friend and my neighbour in the meanwhile bought eufy cams, because i recommended it to them. But with this watermark and current demotivating and missing updates, fixes and improvements, i currently would not recomment it to anyone in my family or circle of friends.

This should give eufy to think about it.

POSITIVE reputation and WORD OF MOUTH, as same as POSITIVE internet talk, reviews and tests, is much more worth and selling this product than this unwanted and useless watermark.

Sorry, repeating, but i am pissed regarding this topic … an i am not the only one.

1 Like

Based on the pixelation over the image, watermark or not I doubt you would have had a clear shot of the license plate :raised_hands:

As said already, i would. This is just a screenshot from the distorted preview-image of the livefeed. The picture of the live feed would be a little more clear and also undistorted. (by they way we should ask ourself for what reason the preview pic (the one shown right before livestream or recorded video playback starts) in the app is distorted at all?!)

Also, what you can see in the screenshot is the unzoomed screenshot. I could manually zoom much more to the plate and could identify it. Made this several times before and worked.

As the car left right after the accident, and now is back since some minutes (and parked just half a meter off the position as before, the watermark is not in the way/view now and i can show you what i mean by zooming in max. The plate is readable now, without watermark. Of course i needed to make a part of it unrecognizable:

It is also much more clear and readable as the sun changed position of course. Thats why it seems better quality then the screenshot before, where the watermark is hiding the plate.

But to be honest: This is not really the question.
The question is if eufy is selling one single eufy cam more by this useless and pixelwasting watermark.
And if it is worth it to anger his customers. I doubt it!

But taking the care (“den vogel abgeschossen”) is that they have obviously time to implement a watermark while tons of issues and improvements are open/existant (some of them since over half a year now) and the range extender and solar panel are far from release.

I guess this is what people and customers most upset. And i can understand them, i am one of them.
And at the end of the day the eufy cam is still a security cam and not a billboard, and should do its job, nothing more.

Get it leading for charging lead lol

1 Like

Reply from support

Gonna take 2 to 3 months… Which of course is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update
In my opinion 2 - 3 months is taking the p**s
@AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical
Remove the watermark until you’re ready to make it optional, either that or give up the option to select which firmware we use

The fact the you make a move like this, for people to want to carry on using your system you need to make future updates optional incase you pull a move like this again, you will also need to release proper update logs to convince people that the update is a useful and worthwhile

2 Likes

This already has big consequences for their brand in some countries.

They should solve this as soon as possible before it is irreversible

1 Like