Eufycam watermark

Where’s the option to disable watermark?

The amount of things that we have been asking for and you spend your time adding a watermark with no obvious way to disable it
Screenshot_20190719_201846

Also, no security system yet just cameras & a useless sensor, why add Eufy security not Eufycam

6 Likes

Yea i just saw this… Not very happy about it.

2 Likes

Oké, I’ve just got disappointed by eufy.
First of all, not following their own road map.
Then no update or communication about it.
Missing iftt functionality.
Entered a promotion/action where a 30% discount was promised and now there is no way for me to use it.

And now spending time on useless features like this. It even blocks valuable screen estate where something important needs/could to be recorded.

3 Likes

April fool on 19.07.2019 ???

Serious Eufy?! I’m shoked! That is absolutely outrageous! :angry:
How can we disable this nonsense?!

A security cam (!) which is decreasing the viewable image/video and wasting important pixels with an unwanted and useless “watermark-logo”! :open_mouth:

What’s next? Temperature of the cam battery? GPS-Data of the cam location? Unicorn glitter to pimp up the surveillance video? … Will the guy who showed us his mental brilliance with this explain the police why the bad guys or the license plate isn’t clearly visible because eufy thinks commercial placement is more important?! :zipper_mouth_face:

Unbelievable … there are so many issues any missing features, fixes and improvements and all they do is putting their useless logo into a SECURITY CAM VIDEO !!!

Until today i thought it can’t get more worse as currently … but thx … you have taught me a better one.

And my bro @Ice1 tells me to not loose faith while such things happen … IN REAL?!

It’s not a dream, it’s eufy!

@AnkerOfficial, @AnkerSupport, @AnkerTechnical, @ndalby, @TechnicallyWell
To be honest:
Hotfix this shit and delete this joke or at least make it possible to disable it or i slam all my cams and homebase onto the next wall! :rage: And then i will be read for some very extensive reviews and ratings on the biggest sites to share my personal experience with eufy, eufy cam and their highly qualified ideas! (to prevent others to waste so much money as i did)

I just consider myself eufyly flushed.

I can’t explain in english what i feel inside and how much disappointed i am … but now its obvious … Apart of dozens of issues and wishes from paying customers … eufy seem to be totaly bored!

Shows how much we are worth and how serious they take us. Excellent! :nauseated_face:

I really would expect this from a small noname and waste company from china, but not from such a big and reputable company!

Pride goes before a fall … see how apple is crashing currently. One of thousands examples in history.

Sorry to be theatrical, but this is just so much unbelievable!

There is probably no better way to express their appreciation for us. Wow … just wow!

Boooooo! :-1:

@AnkerOfficial
Reverses the nonsense instantly please and i will forget about it and thank you again.

By the way:

My new Anker Qi-Wireless-Charger PowerWave 7.5 just arrived arrived!

See here:

… an i had to laugh loud as i have seen this:

OK OK … so maybe ANKER is America’s Leading Charging Brand … but there is a looong loooong serious way to also become EUFY “America’s Leading Security Cam Brand” … and really bad jokes like the one above are not very helpful to reach this title!

This advice was for free :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

What do you think of the other changes with the most recent update? It appears as though there are several.

To be honest, i have been on road the whole day for 16 hours and just came back home. Just to get shoked by reading this and checking all my videos since m homebase and cams updated during the day.

Had no time and silence yet to check the other updates, but i will and then i can tell you. The watermark fail just outshone every other point of this update.

But for now :clock130: (1:30 a.m.) and after awake for 22 hours now, i need some sleep first :slight_smile:

A very tearful after this watermark-gate … :smile:

@Insider Addition: But i am very happy and realy relieved that there has been an update at all after so long time! :+1: So thanks Anker and i bet some of the other update changes are useful and wanted. But this watermark is just a hardcore NOGO and wasting important pixels of a security video feed!

1 Like

Your frustration is definitely warranted, but I assure you that Anker truly does appreciate and care about customer feedback.

1 Like

They want use to share videos from our security cams. Maybe I will just select the left top corner… I shall do that and cut it out and place It on YouTube on max resolution. For the world to see to see what type of company they have become.

1 Like

:laughing: … great idea!

Select the top left corner and loop the video for hours.

Share us a link here then and … wait wait! … if you get millions and millions of clicks for the eufycam watermark-gate video and you will get payed a fortune from google, i bet eufy/anker will claim commission! :rofl:

Buggy as well. I’ve had no events triggered inside for over a week. Within four minutes of the firmware update and the thing starts going crazy. 24 events in under 2h. Recoding of an empty hall way.

Just raised a support request complaining about the watermark and buggy software.

1 Like

Ouch a watermark, the hits seem to keep on coming. Nothing against the option of branding but I do think it should be that at this late stage in the release, an option…

Plan to dust off and install my cameras this weekend (weather and life has been in the way) before the summer hols…so I guess I will get to see the watermark in all its glory :confounded:

1 Like

… faster and faster, numerous and numerous. :see_no_evil:
Costs a lot of reputation, which hardl needs to be gained back then!

No problem at all with an O P T I O N (!)
Everyone who is fanboy can keep the watermark and maybe can even scale it bigger or place it right in the middle of the video with like no transparency … welcome … but everyone who wanna SEE and NEED TO SEE as much pixels as possible at a SECURITY VIDEO (which can be evidence) should be able to disable it completely! This is without alternative!

It has a reason why i have added to the +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++ a point:

GENERAL%20eufycam%20TODO%20LIST%20%20%20%20%20%20%20General%20%20%20Product%20Discussion%20%20%20Anker%20Community

But it is not only about the timestamp time format and date format … there is also no reason at all and a maximum waste of pixels to write out the month(!) or use a shortcut for it!

I do’t kknow what wrong with the guy who implemented or programmed this. But where is the sense of wadting pixels to show Jul ??? (2019 Jul 20)

The only senseful and perfectly adequate way would be:
YYYY MM DD (for the americans) which means 2019 07 20
and
DD.MM.YYYY (for the rest of the world) which means 20.07.2019

I am requesting this change and improvement of the timestamp since ober 7-8 months now, nothing happened … only the outline of the timestamp came (to finally be able to see white timestamp on white background) and the possibility to finally switch from 12 to 24h format. Why hasn’t my improvement done right away with this changes? They could implement it as option so every single customer can build and design his favorite timestamp!

So as you can see, the watermark-gate is not only the only waste of pixels and clearity of the security video footage, there is also a lot of potential in the timestamp!

I agree, but disagree.
Agree that eufy is like any other company and interested to promote its brand in any possible way. Watermark is one way to do that.
But I disagree that, there is no option for the user who paid full and expensive amount to own the piece of equipment has no option to disable it. This is not ethical and legal in professional world.

And on top of that I see that users are frustrated to know eufy is wasting their valuable time to work on these non value added features despite they are long due on much more important and critical issues raised by users, yes they are critical from a security camera point of view.

@AnkerOfficial and other mods, please take it to their attention with a sense of urgency.

3 Likes

Word! :clap:

2 Likes

They need to make this optional. Utterly ridiculous.

2 Likes

Of course they need to. But they could have prevent dropping a brick again and trigger a shitstorm by THINKING about and before releasing something to the public and uploading (forcing) such a bad joke to thousands of “in-serious-use” cams!

I hope the employee “who did that crime” (der das verbrochen hat - don’t know how to translate correctly into english) will get canceled one day of his vacation as punishment. :smiling_imp:

They should have a beta program…or an early build version for changes like this. So they can ask the community about their opinions.

1 Like

Mark me down as not a fan of the watermark. It should be optional, anything that reduces viewable video is not a good idea. I do not like it at all. Please make it removable.

1 Like