Thanks for the heads up @AnkerOfficial will be watching for the FW update…
OK, but you already had years, in the case of eufy cam about half a year already, to do it better.
Every single update, no matter if app or firmware, needs a public changelog. Thanks!
And please just do not try to do it better, just do it!
Good to know. I don’t think I’m ready to be eufycams yet (Partially due to the price ). I may pick some up next time you do a really good sale on them
I really need a widget for Android.
I want to be able to quickly change the modes from “away” to “home” or to “scheduled”.
Also I want to program NFC Tags to do the latter.
So when I go to bed I can just lay my phone on the table and activate the alarm system.
Also I would really like more customizability. The schedule should be more flexible (in terms of different devices).
As eufy is still not releasing update notes for ALL UPDATES, not matter if app, homebase or cams (shame on you!) at a centralized spot or site or thread or whatever, i can at least show you here what they published about the changes in the latest App-Version (1.2.5_199 EU):
- (+) The Icons (Battery, Motion-Detection, Range) are bigger now and much better to see/read!
- (+) The Battery Icon is now “colored”, i guess: green/yellow/red depending on the value (?) and animated if charging (and showing a little thunder smybol right of the smybol instead of centered at the symbol like before)
- (+) Don’t know if this is just coincidence, but at the first moment it seems that loading and playbacking the recorded videos is much faster?!
- (-) The Animation could become very much and fast annoying for people like me, who has several cams connected to solar panels and those are charging 50-70% of the daytime! So this is not thoughtful and the animation should be OPTIONAL as the charging status is still shown by the little thunder symbol
- (-) The Battery Icon is still 5 bars and NOT the exact percentage value as requested by many for months(!) (there should be at least an option to choose if bars or percentage finally)
- (-) The Events “page” has been overworked but unseen/seen videos are still not distinguishable! What is the big problem to mark unseen (never opened) videos “bold” to make it easier for people like me with hundreds of videos per day to check whats old and whats new?!
Eufy, seriously, why not making like everthing or almost everything OPTIONAL if you anyway change things or symbols?! … This way everyone can choose his favorite setting, symbol, whatever … listen to the community! They are your PAYING CUSTOMERS. Thanks.
By the way:
I would really appreciate if you finally start working off the TO-LIST which has been filled since months by eufy cam users with a lot of senseful and helpful features and improvements:
As several months have passed without any change/improvement in this case and to not forget about this important task:
Hope dies last … +1
Hello!@yamyam Sincerely apologize for all disappointment caused! We’ll continue forwarding the concerns of new updates to our engineer team and hope they can accelerate the related process. In the previous months, they’ve released HomeBase Wi-Fi setup, improved the camera sensitivity by firmware upgrade, introduced beta test for activity zone and geofencing, etc. We do know there still a long way for us to go. Please rest assured that all eufy team members will keep working! Thank you!
As long as you keep walking the eufy cam way with us (or alone) … until the end and all work is done … no problem. But as longer the periods without updates, fixes, improvements, new/updated features or at least timeline infos and upcoming firmware update details are (posted by eufy/anker at the forum) … as harder it gets and hope fades.
But as said … as long as there are still people working at/about/for eufy cam and they still listen to the community, an no other products or future products gets focused mainly … everything is ok so far.
But it’s time to be more “active” in the forum … answer all the questions, feedback, reports, ideas and suggestions! I now it costs some time … but this way we know you are not dead or sleeping and still listen.
Continue with the good work and keep the updates coming to satisfy your kings … the paying customers.