eufyCam Software Update and New Timeline

Start leaving the negative reviews then. Get your friends who have them to do the same.

1 Like

Maybe with the upcoming homebase they can upgrade/fix a lot of those issues and not brick the old cameras. As an act of good faith maybe offer an exchange or DEEP discount to current owners so you can upgrade/swap just the base if there are major improvements

2 Likes

9 months is not old! The eufy cam 1 is not even close as perfect as they always say they want it to be!

The maniac behavior of the phone companies, wo really think we need to buy a new smartphone every single year, is a pain in the ass already since years. Does anker really thin we will buy a new euf cam system every 9-12 months?! ROFLcopter. If yes, they must me insane.

You really think anker, eufy, would do this?! … You really do?! After they are not even possible to release a simple range extender for eufy cam, even if promised?! … Sorry, but all they are interested in is making cash, nothing else! I only believe this if i really see a massive(!) discount of at least 50% for all kickstarter backers. MINIMUM!

Also … don’t forget, we do not even know, as @Insider havn’t published / leeked any information about it … if we need in any way a new homebase or not?! Or if eufy cam 2 will be compatible with eufy cam 1 homebase.

2 Likes

Hey, we want to let you know that we keep communicating with the eufy product development team and pass your suggestions. And I can confirm that they never stopped investing in improving the products. Bringing up this to market doesn’t mean we give up on the old products and we will absolutely not do that. We always appreciate that you took so much effort in coming up with these suggestions. We understand it disappointed you that not many of these have been fully satisfied for now. But we truly hope you can understand that we’re really working hard on this and trying to bringing up as much product managers’ attention as we can as it is always not easy to get everyone’s needs perfectly satisfied.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial

Sorry to say, those or just “words”, nothing more. I so not see any communication with the fans, customers, supporters for eufy cam 1 since months(!). You are not even able to post detailed and full software/firmware update changelogs. You are not even able to finally release the promised and more than overdue eufy cam range extender to help people with the horrible range issue of eufy cam 1. … Want me to continue?!

So sorry, those words sound good, but are only words. I only believe in it, when i see them realized! Even if i see simetimes that you are bringing little updates and try to listen, i just got too much disappointed in the past months.

The not yet avialable and possible never ever will available eufy cam range extender for the biggest and most urgent issue of eufy cam 1 is only one example. Just to show up a little other one, out of dozens:
We already asking since 9 months that the value of the eufy cam battery status can be shown in the app as 5 bars, as currently, or alternatively as percentage value. Sounds as a helpful and from man customers asked iprovement. So what happend after 9 months? The last update some days ago finally brought this longtime requested feature … BUT ONLY WHILE THE CAM IS BEEING CHARGED and ONLY IF YOU ENTER THE CONFIG PAGE OF THE CAM! (and not at the cam overview page where we then could easily check the battery status of all cams easily at one place. May i ask WHY?! … As we now know that you are able to show the battery status as percentage, why not letting us the option to show it ALWAYS instead of the bars and not only when they are beeing charged?! where is the sense?!

So i am not as naive as i have been before. I need results now, before i believe any more “words” like those above. In germany we have a proverb that says:
"The burnt child dreads the fire"

Thats also the reason why i am extremely fighting with me inside, if i should really buy any other and more eufy or anker products - like the upcoming eufy robovac L70!

By they way and most recent … may anyone or @AnkerOfficial can tell me why i get a notification about this robovac thread if i am not able to enter/read it and why i at all get a notification about it then?! Thanks!

1 Like

@yamyam the post you’re unable to see

2 Likes

@Haloweenhamster Thanks bro! :heart: :+1:

… but still would like to know why i can’t access it and why i get notifications of threads i can’t even access :eyes:

@yamyam Can you access the thread now?

The RoboVac IFA exclusive thread has been in the ‘test’ section for a few days (where the admin’s can get things ready to post) and while you may get a notification of the thread from following @AnkerOfficial you would not have had access to read the post at that point…

2 Likes

Yes, now i can access it. Thanks for clarification @ndalby :kissing_heart:

You’re right it’s not old in the sense of you and I, but in the tech world it’s middle aged if you follow Moore’s law. BUT I’m not looking to pick a fight… you’re right, too many issues present and unresolved for cam 1.

I USED to be an early, up front adopter and realized that can come with headaches and frustrations. I had an original Mario Chromebook from Google, I had the Original Nexus 7, I even had the exploding Galaxy Note 7. Sometimes it pays to wait and ANYONE can have development problems and issues unforeseen come up at ALL levels. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for the improvements the new cam will bring.

I ABSOLUTELY hope they provide an exclusive and fantastic incentive to those of you that had the faith early on and provide support and feedback. I wouldn’t expect free, but to those that are open to it, I hope they can make it right.

After all, what better business is there than making an angry customer happy.

1 Like

Happy?
After all the issues?

I can imagine how often those users were more than angry, they were really p*ssed.
This is nerve-racking and this is real … (you know what I mean)

2 Likes

Yeah, ball is in their court to make right. SPECIALLY with the early supporters. But we’ll see that when the new one comes out and how it performs, also with how they handle/make right for you guys. The anger is VERY real… I’ve noticed and kept out for most of it, I see this as an opportunity for eufy.

I’m a glass half full kinda guy… and I might be an alcoholic lol

2 Likes

What’s new???

2 Likes

When it comes to anker/eufy, you will need to be a clairvoyant to know!

:grin:

@AnkerOfficial are we likely to see some sort of changes log in the near future for when things are updated in the firmware, even if it’s just “tweaks for stability” (but more info would be good)…

1 Like

I am praying this since over a year now … forget about it … even if it would be a simple job and easy to realize in the forum as own thread, this will never happen.

By the way:

After 6 weeks there has been just another update of the Homebase Firmware incoming:

1 Like

How come your version is different than mine?
And the log too

Because your version is newer than his

1 Like