EufyCam mounting under eves with siding

I am looking to mount my EufyCam onto the eve of the overhang at the end of my home. There is already a set of flood lights there, but there is no stud for me to use. The camera is too heavy just to try and mount to the siding itself. Has anyone else been able to come up with a solution for a similar situation and be willing to share their experience? Or if there is anyone that has any suggestions I would appreciate any insight.

A photo of the place and the surroundings you will install the camera would be very useful.
Old engineers, like me are full of ideas. :grin:
But please give those and all others here a helping view.

1 Like

I will definitely do that when I get home this afternoon and get them posted on here as quickly as I can - thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

To have a view of the situation will help us “old tinkers” here a lot.
I am sure a solution of your issue will show up after.

1 Like

My idea is to maybe mount it here ( in the photo below the circle is the mount and the square would be the camera ) so that the infrared is far enough away from the house and the floodlight not to reflect. This direction points towards our cars, driveway and back door which is what I want to capture. As you can see, there is enough overhang from the side of the house to shelter it somewhat from the elements.

You may build a simple box which you fix on the ceiling and the put the camera in there horizontal.

1 Like

You can possibly use toggle bolts of appropriate size. That might work.

1 Like

I think your best bet is to go get a 2x4 and install it behind the metal.

But before I did all that I would check the signal quality between your cameras and the homebase in their intended positions.

2 Likes

I have my current (replacing with eufy) cameras mounted the exact same way and they are heavy as well. I used a couple of wood screws and screwed directly into the eve and had no issue. It supported the weight fine.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing