Eufycam Motion Sensitivity Issues

+1
For the motion detection zone [quote=“Springfield, post:20, topic:64673”]
This is the sort of motion detection zone setting I’d like to see in the eufy security app
[/quote]

@AnkerSupport, I’ve reached out to the e-mail provided to provide more info on this issue as needed.

Motion detection zones generally require a full time powered camera. The active camera through an algorithm looks for motion only in the defined zones. I have yet to see anyone out there do this otherwise

Can you send our customer support an email, as this is something we’ll have to look deeper into. Support@eufylife.com please ( :

@AnkerSupport after a week away from home, things have become better as I don’t get notifications for cars. We had a big snow storm this past week so not many cars driving by so trash day today will be the big test. I’ll provide an update after, but seems like things are getting better.

Let us know how it goes!

Stay safe out there ( :

I’m getting a lot of notifications for cars driving by or foliage moving in the wind with a “someone has been spotted” notification. Human detection is enabled and the camera sensitivity is set to 1. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

App version is v1.1.4_178 iOS
Homebase system version 1.0.6.7
subsystem v 1.3.0.7
AI version 1.17.19.56
Cam system version 1.7.1
subsystem v 2.0.5.5-1221-us

even though people are having issues with motion sensitivity it’s nice to see anker support to step in and help. Hopefully future firmware will fix the issues since I’ll be in the market for one soon.

Looks like the trucks are still causing notifications. Luckily it doesn’t seem that regular cars are causing it anymore, only big trucks like trash and recycling. I’ve sent my example videos to the support e-mail provided as well.

I will say things are looking better with this issue, and it’s literally the only one I’m really having.

I am still getting LOTS of notifications for animals. In fact, that’s all the notifications I am getting on one camera (which is good as I shouldn’t be seeing any humans in that location apart from myself). However, I thought the cameras were supposed to be able to detect if something is an animal and not record/notify these? This is clearly not working. Also, the facial recognition is crap. I have uploaded several clear pictures of people and none of these ever get matched to the faces captured by the cameras. I hope this will get improved over time. I am particularly vexed that the animal/human differentiation is not working out of the box as this was heavily promoted in the Kickstarter material and was one of the selling points for me.

Me, too, as this is the ONLY reason I went with the eufy system over any others.

Ah, your homebase has not updated to the most recent version as of yet. The newest Homebase version is: v1.0.7.2

The newest homebase version supports this. Look out for v1.0.7.2! It should be pushed to your system no later than the 28th of January.

Things are working much better with the new updates to homebase and the app. I haven’t seen any unnecessary notifications and was actually able to turn the sensitivity up to help pick up actual motion sooner (which is something that still needs improvement). But not getting un-needed notifications is nice, so we’ll see how things go when it’s trash day tomorrow.

1 Like

I have the latest updates for the home base, cameras and app and still have various issues. Delay in the recording start, sensitivity set to 0 and I still get alot of notifications AND the facial rec does NOT work to limit these notifications. While the picture, actual recording and app seem to function, these other issues are becoming annoying.

Can you let us know the version of your homebase and cams?

Camera on v 1.8.0
Homebase on 1.0.7.9

Sensitivity set to 1/100
Notifications set to humans only

Still getting 200 notifications a day

On Camera Settings - Camera Working Mode, please select ‘Optimal Battery Life’ or, if you’re using ‘Custom Mode’, increase the length of the re-triggering interval here.