Eufycam E vs the Eufycam:

Yes, but that only means if you buy this bundle (including the ā€œHomebase Eā€). If you use eufycam E with the regular homebase (like we kickstarters got or you can buy retail), you will have AI. So letā€™s say you are a backer and sometime later buy an eufycam E as additional cam, then it will have AI, same as the regular eufycams.

It only depends on the HOMEBASE you use.

1 Like

Was there any info released about AI being introduced in the future to the Homebase E? Or is there no possibility at all to have it if I buy the E bundle?

I saw on Amazon a review mentioned it would be introduced in future, so wanted to check how true it was!

1 Like

There was no info about AI being added to the eufycam E bundle, at least to my knowledge.

Thatā€™s a shame, itā€™s the one feature I was really looking for. Iā€™ve tried asking when the original Eufycam will be available in the UK to purchase but had no luck finding anything either!

As there is no retail selling in the UK of the original eufycam and eufycam hombase, as far as i know, you still could buy them directly from eufy! Here you go:

Edit: ooops, just seen eufy sells only the (ugly) eufcam E bundles and addon-cams on their website, the original (good looking and AI featured) eufy cam and hombase through walmart only! And i doubt they will ship to UK.

Donā€™t you have friends or family in Australia, Holland or Germany? There they could buy it retail for you and send it to the UK:

Australia: JB Hi-Fi
Holland: Coolblue
Germany: Bauhaus/Mediamarkt/Saturn

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical see the fan base for your original eufycam !
Hope you are not planning to drop the AI version completely :eyes:

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I donā€™t know anyone in those countries who can post it to me, I was hoping it would be available here soon. Someone on eBay was selling their unopened system which they didnā€™t require, but I didnā€™t go for it as I was informed by Anker it wouldnā€™t be covered by warranty if here is a fault. I didnā€™t think it was worth the risk!

2 Likes

No problem @thedude88

If you maybe know me from kickstarter or here and would trust me, i could offer you to buy some for you and send it to the UK to your adress. You could send me the money by paypal with additional costs of shipping/postage and i buy and send it.

This would be the costs to choose from:

Regular Homebase + 2 regular eufy cams = 489 ā‚¬ + 5 ā‚¬ shipping + 13,99 ā‚¬ EU-shipping
Regular Homebase + 1 regular eufy cam = 245 ā‚¬ + 5 ā‚¬ shipping + 13,99 ā‚¬ EU-shipping
Regular eufy cam = 195,99 ā‚¬ + 5 ā‚¬ shipping + 13,99 ā‚¬ EU-shipping

But hurry, Brexit is coming! (or not!) :laughing: Sorry, but I had to do/say that. :smiling_imp:
And as you can see hereinafter, the shipping to the UK will raise then from
13,99 ā‚¬ (Europe) to
29,99 ā‚¬ (Europe without EU) !

But you would still have the problem then with the warranty and you would need to trust me and wait about 1-2 weeks until you get it. If i order it online in germany, it needs 2-4 days, then i need to go to DHL and send it to you, probably another week until it is in UK then.

Maybe i could try to buy it in germany at MediaMarkt (see screenshot above) and they will send it directly to your adress in the UK, but this i would need to check first.

yamyam

Thanks for the nice offer @yamyam! Iā€™ll send you a message if I want to go ahead with this, itā€™s a shame Anker are making it so difficult to buy their products :wink:

3 Likes

You are welcome @thedude88
As payment in return you will vote
REMAIN at the next brexit vote, ok? :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy:

If it means an eufycam of course! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

so, does anyone have both, and would you recommend the original one over the ā€œeā€?
I bought the e, and its been pretty flaky so far; often have to reboot the app to get the cams to show up, and, the battery back up on the base would be a nice featureā€¦

thanks

I own original eufycams, as far as the recommendation, you need to choose what you need. AI and Homebase battery backup comes with original version at an additional price.
Other than the shape and above features, technically they should be exactly similar, in my opinion.

how does the AI work? Are you happy with it, or is it just a ā€œgimmickā€

thanks

Itā€™s still kind of in BETA stageā€¦ yet to optimize to be able to use at itā€™s bestā€¦ it recognizes me once in a while (:wink:) and not sure if you get notifications in non-AI version only when it sees people in the detection zone. That is something if you want to reduce notifications for non-human related activities such as tree branches moving when wind blown etc.,

1 Like

so, all things considered, would you rather have the original cam, or the ā€œeā€ version?

1 Like

I still like my original eufycam, optimistic, some day this AI will improve big time and can do wonders (or the other way around)
Again, itā€™s purely personal choice and based on your requirement, budget etc.,

if money was no object, and you were starting from scratch, would you get the original or the E?

100% the original!

AI is not working perfectly and more like a gimmic. But nice to have!
Some of my cams got several hundred videos per day and with AI i can scroll thru them and see which videos may be important as those videos show a small icon of ā€œdetected facesā€ - this is what i use the AI for and wonā€™t miss it!

Good info I have been compare the 2 to 2C to the E and all three to the Arlo pro 2 and you are dead on. Iā€™m going to get the EufyCam 2 with the included base but then add a couple of Eā€™s to the mix. From all the review the video and most other features are better on the Eufy. The only compliant I have seen so far is the lack of a removal battery does mean the camera is throw away in 3 or 4 years but that is a noraml tech refresh cycle for me so I donā€™t see that as a major issue. The arlo batteries are $50 each.