Eufycam 2 vs 2C

Got them yesterday finally. Charging the cams. Raining here so not going to put them up today.

1 Like

Charging the third cam that just came today. daughter and I will install them today.

1 Like

Have discovered that the 2c facial recognition does not support the ability to exclude those that are known…

1 Like

Any update on the use of external storage via USB

2 Likes

I was told yes on their chat service.

2 Likes

Yes you can use external drives, and have been able to for a bit now

You can also set up external Nas drive

2 Likes

Are the Echo show 2nd gen and the Echo dot 3rd gen compatible with the 2c hub and cameras.

1 Like

Thanks

Will the hub detect that you have attached an external drive or USB?

I bought the latest 2C ss well it comes with the new Homebase2 that is smaller than the original one.

Does anyone know if theres is a setting for the facial recognition for the 2C? On the smart detection setting only facial detection and human detection shows and not the Facial recognition part.

So far the camera is working great for what I needed it to do.

1 Like

Not yet but in the works

2 Likes

looking forward to hearing your feedback Ham2.

1 Like

exactly what I was thinking voldog. Are you using both the 2 & 2C yet? My home base w/ 2 of the 2’s arrives tomorrow. I am going to order more cam’s, just trying to figure out if I am going to use the 2c’s for inside the house. Just like the smaller profile of the 2C’s for the inside (sure wish the 2C’s had magnet mounts Eufy).

1 Like

I have original eufycam, eufycam 2, and eufycam 2c. I am returning the 2c for various reasons, but the main ones were image quality and the lackluster led. I installed in living room and outside and you definitely have degraded video quality compared to original eufycam and the eufycam 2.

I think it might just have been your cameras, I have the 2C and the picture quality is great.the LEDs are also bright

1 Like

It is possible. The 2C’s LED I had were less bright than my cell phone camera flash. After seeing that I got buyers remorse and decided to return them. I’ll be sticking to the larger eufycams.

Yea def a bad batch then, the leds in mine light up the room at night

2 Likes

Im having a hard time finding the differences between homebase 1 and 2, can someone explain ?

Wish I could help I’m confused about the Homebase is also

@Nads The home base 1 has built in Battery if power failed as well as Face Recognition unlike home base 2 it has memory built in only the camera of 2 and 2c have AI person detection on the cameras so there is a big difference. I hope this helps and if Im wrong please correct me… Cheers :v: