EufyCam 2 on BestBuy - What we know (edit: Now Available)

• Just as I posted this, the item is now available to purchase at BestBuy. Just placed my order for pickup November 20.

• HomeKit support will not be ready out the box, reports state they will add support in the next few months but no one really has an exact date. Based on my experience with other products, don’t be surprised if this gets pushed back further.

• BestBuy has the ‘free add-on camera’ deal back so you are getting a great value, 3-camera system for just $349. For those not in-the-know, BestBuy originally had this deal before taking it off their website.

• Side note: I am not sure why BestBuy does not offer the doorbell on their website. Maybe I missed it but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. It would be nice if they had a bundle deal for the entire system.

• Release date says ‘coming soon’ on BestBuy and I have had the toughest time getting an exact availability date. However, this same camera (without the free addon) says it will be in stock on Amazon on the 17th, so next Sunday should be the expected release date.

Please use this thread to add any news that others like myself would like to know regarding this new camera.

3 Likes

Really hope the reports of not having HomeKit at launch are incorrect. On Amazon’s listing, it specifically states HomeKit so not sure how that will fly with customers if it’s not there.

Thanks for the update. I’m been thinking about getting an EufyCam system for the house. My internet is so bad I can’t view security video while away from the house. Hopefully the new service we are looking at will be fast enough to do it.

1 Like

I believe this will be addressed once the official release topic goes live from @AnkerOfficial

It does say it works with HomeKit. I hope it does.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/eufy-eufycam-2-2-camera-indoor-outdoor-wire-free-1080p-16gb-surveillance-system-white/6386028.p?skuId=6386028

2 Likes

Ordered earlier this morning with the free camera. Expecting delivery by Thursday, pretty excited for this - especially if the Homekit bit is true (counting on it)!

Will report back as soon as I get EC2 set up, as the rest of my home is 90% Homekit-integrated already.

@chrisdazzo Keep us updated since it seems you will be one of the first to receive the EC2. Curious to see if Homekit works out the box or we have to wait for some type of update.

@Shaw Absolutely. As long as Best Buy doesn’t modify their shipping times (paid extra for earlier delivery), I’ll be back on here with info as soon as I can. Still showing “Arriving by Thursday” for now.

Just starting my research and ran across this deal. I cant quite figure out what the Eufy 2 is vs the 2c or E products. Because Anker doesnt even seem to sell the Eufy 2 on the website. Is it discontinued and inferior in some way?

1 Like

@mjonesm3 Apparently you can order the EufyCam 2 on the Eufy web store (haven’t gone through to order confirmation but seems legit), though the product page is hidden: https://www.eufylife.com/products/variant/eufycam-2/T88411D1

It was supposed to be an online-only product and a Best Buy exclusive, but seems to be on Amazon as well now. Feature-wise I did some research and it appears to include a better camera sensor, Homekit support out of the box, and better onboard eMMC (or something) storage.

Quick update: the cameras will be arriving at my home tomorrow (Wed). Will update a new post when I’m set up.

1 Like

Thanks. it seems this package is a good deal.

1 Like