EufyCam 2 and 2C in Homekit: Where's the Two-Way Audio?

Why is there no Mic icon to activate two-way audio in the Home app? Coming soon I hope? Two way audio is critical for my application.

Arlo Ultra does have the Two-way audio in the Homekit Home app, So I know it’s possible.

Homekit feedback:
Homekit integration went smoothly. (I got the system(s) right after the latest firmware update that made integration with Homekit trivial. Well done!)

I love the very low latency when viewing in the Home app.

I am excitedly looking forward to the arrival of Homekit Secure Video in Q1.

I dont have ios, but there is two way audio in the eufy security app

1 Like

When you are watching the live stream, there should be a hold & speak button

1 Like

As Homekit support is relatively new for the EufyCam line its possible its something they might still be implementing. Perhaps @AnkerTechnical can confirm?

As mentioned by @Tank you should be able to use two way audio via the EufySecurity app in the short term.

1 Like

Two-way audio via Home app may be not released yet, not sure as mine is not compatible.
I use eufySecurity app to live stream and two-way talk by holding the mic icon.

1 Like

I agree… this should be added! I use the two-way audio feature in my Homekit app with Arlo cameras often.

Hi @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical , any update for the two-way audio via Apple Home App? Will it coming soon or this is not in the development pipeline at all? Hope to hear an answer from you. Thanks!

Hi update?

Any update to this? I’ve noticed while in the home app once in a while I see a yellow talk button in the upper left corner but it’s not possible to press because it’s under the iOS clock and it randomly shows up and disappears.

Any news? I read somewhere that the hardware is not compliant with 2way audio encryption so can you say to us if this is a thing that will never happen definitely or there is some workaround which you are looking into? Thanks