Eufy Video Doorbell: First Look - Unboxing, Review, & Setup

After a short delay due to a family emergency that had me away for the last two weeks my review video is finally up on the Eufy Video Doorbell!

There are some rough edges on the product that I hope will be smoothed over soon with the continued updates I’ve seen.

Right now, a major issue I am having is the lack of motion detection at night. I am working with support and we will see what happens there. It has been over a month with support and the few updates pushed out haven’t fixed it yet. Support is sending me an additional 15 degree wedge to try to point the doorbell away from the bush next to the doorbell most likely creating the issue. I’ll update again once I try it out.

One VERY LARGE disappointment for this doorbell is the lack of ability to ring my internal door chime. Both my Nest Hello and Ring Pro can do this. I like that a door chime is included for free, but I want to use my internal doorbell as well!

Another disappointment is the lack of ability to stream video via RTSP to a NAS, server, or even the Eufy HomeBase. With constant power, there is no reason to be forced to the limited 4GB of internal storage. Not to mention with this design if the doorbell is stolen all evidence that was recorded is now gone forever. I am really hoping this is fixed with a software update.

Sample Footage: Here

[Updated to include information from support. Will update when I try their solution]

7 Likes

Awesome video review!

1 Like

thank you!

Great review! Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

thanks!!! :grinning:

Awesome review. I appreciate you taking us thru it all. This is very helpful for someone like me, who isn’t familiar with the smart home gadgets. I feel like I’m behind the times. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, well done and laid out. Excellent feedback on it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

glad you liked it!

Nice Review!

1 Like

Great review. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tengiz @rupinjohar

thank you!

1 Like

Great video review!

1 Like

thank you glad you enjoyed it!