Eufy smart speaker

I am wondering if you need to connect the new smart speaker by Eufy to the Alexa app or if they created a new app. Anyone know?

You have to set it up through the EufyHome app.

1 Like

It’s set up through the Eufy Home App available on the Apple Store or Google Play store.

You will use the Eufy Home app to configure the device’s wifi settings. To personalize Alexa’s options (weather location, traffic reports, skills, etc), you will use Amazon’s Alexa app.

1 Like

Ok, thanks! That’s really helpful!

You will need to download the Eufy Home App to connect your smart speaker to your home network. The app will also allow you to connect a couple other services like spotify and amazon. I do recomend that you download and set up the alexa app that you would normally use with one of the amazon speakers. It will connect with the Eufy speaker as well though not all the things that the Amazon Speaker will work right now in the Eufy speaker. I was also notified today that a Firmware update is now available for download with helping with speaker sensitivity and hopefully some more app functionality. I do like my speaker, though I’m kind of bewildered about connecting it to a larger speaker.

1 Like

Thanks. So you bought the speaker? How has it worked for you?

1 Like

I have one, some alexa skills are not available yet, but they are constantly adding to them. Other than that it works pretty good. Louder and better sound than the Amazon Dot, not quite as good sound quality as the Amazon Echo. I’d say it sits in the middle.
Amazon plans on making some alexa devices work as whole house speaker systems, I’m waiting to see if I can include my Genie into that setup

1 Like

I have a Eufy Speaker. It works well for the most part, but still not fully up yet for what amazon echo’s can do. I know Anker is working on it and will continue to bring more functionality to this little device. I see this much like I did with my Apple TV device when I bought it almost 5 years ago. It’s functionality was limited to just apple content and a few other “channels”, but now with the industry taking hold on streaming content, the capability has exploded and will become more useful as time progresses.

1 Like

Overall positive reaction thus far… rated 4.4 stars on Amazon.

2 Likes

I have installed the apps of EufyHome and Alexa Amazon

1 Like