Eufy Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs Are Here! [November Update]

The reason I don’t rely on timers for lighting is if power outages. For that Eufy battery lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071CFBXXZ?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

I’m going to try mine on a dehumidifier to turn on before waking it’s a way of both heating a bathroom and drying out. The timer on ours bust so this is a cheap work around. I got some cheap mechanical timers but they are 2 pin for low power like lamps.

I understand about the power outage, happens a lot at my house since I’m at the base of two other mountain tops. But thankfully we have a generator and I also installed a Apc battery backup that can keep my router and modem as well as phone powered up for 4 hours. The battery lights won’t work for me as I hae nowhere to put them, I have shelving all around my room since I have no closet

I would NOT want that, haha. It would be so annoying when you didn’t intend to turn it on! I guess we’ll be wearing our smart headbands my time that technology is ready to ship properly.

I can see how that would be anoying. Ah well I’ll figure something out eventually, regardless I can’t do anything until payday anyway

I have shelving in my garage and put them on alternating sides zigzag to illuminate as I walk through. Once eyes are dark adjusted it works very well. You can literally walk down a dark room and it lights as you go. Sensors are basically 45degs to their side but sense say 10ft distant, and light after a little under a second, so suits aligning placing on the shorter side of a rectangular space. The light spreads wider light than the sensor reacts to.

My garage Eufy lights are stuck on to shelves. I also have one on wall illuminating inside of freezer and refrigerator.

I ordered some more to fill out some darker corners. The current price is lower than the last discount code.

My APC does router modem wifi phone for 12 hours. Here the most common cause of outages is winter storms pulling down branches. In California its a wet season after 6 months of dry so trees which aged in summer just fall over in wet ground, old branches fall, etc. So blackout in winter type problem, and when it happens it happens in dozens of places all at once each individually needing a repair so 12 hours is a typical. For some reason the local utility power is overhead weaved parallel through all the trees, almost designed for maximum outages.

Eufy remote controlled switch for manual or timed on/off of lights. The Eufy plug-in lights to come automatically at night when there is power, and the Eufy stick-on battery lights for dark no-power movement detecting lights. Anker LC40/90/130 for moving around, it becomes a reasonable total system for all the situations I can imagine.

1 Like

Honestly I thought those were all switch style lights, knowing they come on with motion off when lights are on, I think I may get some. Like you mentioned you have them on the shelves so I can do the same. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

They make two types. Light-sensing wall plugs which are always-on when dark, and motion-sensing battery operated which come on briefly when you move near them in dark. The latter is a good answer to your described problem plus it solves power outages where your UPS isn’t powering the light. I don’t have a need for the dark-sensing only the motion-sensing.

The stick-on only sticks-on once, use some external to the side tape initially temporarily to debug the sensor picks you up early before you pull off the supplied pad to expose the stickiness for permanent fititng. You can also use a screw fitting if surface isn’t good for sticking. The stickiness is very good as it a lightweight unit. My next order to deliver is my 3rd so is total of 9 Eufy stick-on, I’m putting 2 in a bedroom hallway (the same problem you had, the desk lamp is distant from the door) and to fill out a garage dark spot.

I will experiment and learn from the new smart power switch i ordered, then judge if I can usefully use more of them, currently I can only think of one problem they solve. The old mechanical switches are so cheap they solve the repetitive timed on/off need.

I ordered the Eufy Smart Plug. Long story short do not order for a week or so, there’s a stock and beta product problem I had exchange with the delightful Vanessa over last days.

There’s scant public information due to the FCC confidentiality request.

Smart Plug

Smart Plug Mini

The Mini has the same electrical footprint (120V 15A) so puzzled how it is mini. Different shape only? It doesn’t look any smaller, if anything it is bigger, so is it flatter shape? Is this just to allow to have two Mini stacked next to each other vs the non-Mini is the upper socket only?

non-Mini:

Mini:

1 Like

What issue did you run into? [quote=“nigelhealy, post:28, topic:50365, full:true”]
I ordered the Eufy Smart Plug. Long story short do not order for a week or so, there’s a stock and beta product problem I had exchange with the delightful Vanessa over last days.
[/quote]

I think you and one other person are the only ones who have ordered so far.

Transient problem which should be gone days away. Seems the “in stock” in Amazon is wrong and creating “its shipped” when not as well as possibly shipping beta products. Both should be sorted soon, in meantime, do not order the Smart Plug for days, say a week.

Eufy being very helpful in Anker customer support style, and I never order anything I need in a hurry, I just saw 20 in stock and thought I’d get one to try out… no hurry.

Might be only me - ordered twice. 1st one cancelled on Eufy’s request then ordered again and then told I’d ordered too early. Oh well. We’ll get there in the end. I have a broken timer switch on an appliance and a smart switch is a way to keep it going a bit longer, til then its 'ole fashioned pull it out the wall to turn off.

1 Like

Smart Plug Mini now appearing on Amazon:

$25 after a few days?

Should be.

So then the next thing we should see is the smart light switch.

2 Likes

Then the smart light strip (hasn’t passed through FCC just yet).

$30. :frowning:

Nope. Its in the non-Prime postage phase.

Wait.

There is some kind of different distribution and shipping plot behind this story. They ship from the USA southeast corner when almost everything else enters from USA southwest.

Hang back a while.

1 Like

FS now and still $30.