Eufy Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs Are Here! [November Update]

I ordered the Eufy Smart Plug. Long story short do not order for a week or so, there’s a stock and beta product problem I had exchange with the delightful Vanessa over last days.

There’s scant public information due to the FCC confidentiality request.

Smart Plug

Smart Plug Mini

The Mini has the same electrical footprint (120V 15A) so puzzled how it is mini. Different shape only? It doesn’t look any smaller, if anything it is bigger, so is it flatter shape? Is this just to allow to have two Mini stacked next to each other vs the non-Mini is the upper socket only?

non-Mini:

Mini:

1 Like

What issue did you run into? [quote=“nigelhealy, post:28, topic:50365, full:true”]
I ordered the Eufy Smart Plug. Long story short do not order for a week or so, there’s a stock and beta product problem I had exchange with the delightful Vanessa over last days.
[/quote]

I think you and one other person are the only ones who have ordered so far.

Transient problem which should be gone days away. Seems the “in stock” in Amazon is wrong and creating “its shipped” when not as well as possibly shipping beta products. Both should be sorted soon, in meantime, do not order the Smart Plug for days, say a week.

Eufy being very helpful in Anker customer support style, and I never order anything I need in a hurry, I just saw 20 in stock and thought I’d get one to try out… no hurry.

Might be only me - ordered twice. 1st one cancelled on Eufy’s request then ordered again and then told I’d ordered too early. Oh well. We’ll get there in the end. I have a broken timer switch on an appliance and a smart switch is a way to keep it going a bit longer, til then its 'ole fashioned pull it out the wall to turn off.

1 Like

Smart Plug Mini now appearing on Amazon:

$25 after a few days?

Should be.

So then the next thing we should see is the smart light switch.

2 Likes

Then the smart light strip (hasn’t passed through FCC just yet).

$30. :frowning:

Nope. Its in the non-Prime postage phase.

Wait.

There is some kind of different distribution and shipping plot behind this story. They ship from the USA southeast corner when almost everything else enters from USA southwest.

Hang back a while.

1 Like

FS now and still $30.

…wait…

I am curious if a human is involved making decisions or automatic stock level.

1 Like

2 pack of the Lumos tunable bulbs now available.

Amazon link: https://amazon.com/dp/B078YJY5BX

Hopefully no one’s bought these. It’s cheaper to just get two separately.

Quick question, what makes them tunable? Is it that they can be dimmed or something is that it?
Now that I have the Eufy genie this might be worth me looking to get

Tunable means they can shift from really bright white to more of a yellow tone. (2700K-6500K)

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification @joshuad11, I showed it to my wife and she said it’s definitely something we need for the bedroom since all we have now is a bright white light and she sometimes prefer a soft subtler light output.

1 Like

There seems to be a batch of smart plugs that had issues with setup. Notice the significant number of 1 star reviews on Amazon.

Speaking of, they are currently out of stock. Beforehand, however, I did notice a gradual increase in price from the sale of around $14 to $18 regularly (previously was closer to $25).

Mini version seems less popular so far judging by the number of reviews.

Now waiting for art light switch