Eufy Security - No recordings when internet is down

I just tested this today 9/22/20 using the homebase 2 and a 2C Pro camera and did not have any issues. For any future on-lookers, I think they have resolved the issue.

I wanted to ensure the cameras still recorded in the event of an internet outage (when power is retained). To test it, I kept everything powered up but unplugged the ethernet cable that runs between my modem and my Wi-Fi router. I waited about 1 minute and triggered the camera. I waited a couple more minutes and triggered it a second time. Waited a minute and then plugged the ethernet cable back in. About 30 seconds later the notifications popped up on my phone for both triggered events and provided me the recordings. Worked exactly as I had expected it should. Iā€™ll have to do some more testing with power outage and a longer internet outage, but Iā€™m pleased with it as of now.

Out of curiosity, did you try retrieving the recordings locally via WiFi with the internet connection still disconnected? Iā€™m guessing that wouldnā€™t work since the app would be unable to authenticate to the homebaseā€¦

No, I didnā€™t try that, and I donā€™t really expect that kind of functionality.

I think they made it clear that the app has to connect to their servers in order to get clips. Your base station connects to their servers as well, hense the slight latency issue when view live.

As long as this was fix that is a good thing as there have been alot of internet outages in my area due to the cable company not upgrading the infrastructure when an apartment complex was added/built out. The congestion is too much and will continue to be until they fix.

The 2.4GHz WiFi connection between the camera/s and the home base is ā€œEufy privateā€ - they use WPS to configure it and thus do not provide the name (shows as hidden using a WiFi network tool) nor password. In a normal situation, as long as the home base has ā€œpowerā€ (battery backup if included or AC mains) and the camera/s still have battery power, detected events are stored on the home base.

You can connect via a web browser (but this only provides live view and needs the latest version of Adobe Flash Player) or from your mobile telephone Eufy Security application to your home base. Both these need the Eufy Authentication servers accessible to authenticate your login details and a working internet access ā€œpathā€ back to your home network - either down, no access. Then your home network needs access to your home base via ethernet cable or itā€™s 2.4 GHz WiFi network (you set up and configure which one being used) - no working network connection, no access. If your homes AC mains supply is down, no access unless your home network runs off a uninterruptable power source.

Hi,
yesterday evening I had an outage that caused my internet connection to go down on the wan side of the router.
I have a Homebase 2 wired connected to the router by ethernet cable.
Homebase 2 lost connection to the server, so its led was red, but ethernet cable was still connected and alive.
Until I restored internet connectiivity no motion was detected and no clip was captured, but it should, as I walked in front of the cameras!
Has this issue been solved? How?

This is ridiculous, more than a year has passed and they canā€™t fix the problem?

These cameras are supposed to continue recording events when the internet is down.

Please fix this flaw!

I was about to buy a Eufy Security system, but saw these posts and decided not to buy Eufy. It looks like this issue hasnā€™t been fixed. It sounds like itā€™s easy to disable this system by clipping the internet cable on the side of the house.

Iā€™ve got a query about whether this would still work if 4G backup on the router is enabled? Internet down but still have power. Obviously with both, without a UPS, this would be redundant
@AnkerSupport

I have the same question.