[eufy RoboVac] Extensively L70 Hybrid VIDEO REVIEW and test!

Hi guys and girls,

my favorite youtube guy, who is specialized on vacuum cleaner robots, finally made a detailed test of the (for me) first really interesting eufy RoboVac, the:

RoboVac L70 (Hybrid)

He knows the market very well and already tested a huge amount of vacuum cleaner robots and also is visiting the latest fairs and latest models frequently. As I attach great importance to his opinion, i would recommend to watch the following brandnew 7 minutes video review (german)

The few disadvantages and weaknesses he detected are:

1. The high “building height” is about 1-2 cm more than comparable vacuum cleaners and not very up-to-date/common anymore. So you may have some problems with some furnitures.
  2. No multi-floor-mapping, which comparable and even cheaper models other brands already have and which is very useful. Maybe not for the one-floor-flats in the USA, but for multi-floot houses in europe and the rest of the world.
  3. Only one side brush instead of two (which is standard at the most vaccum cleaner robots at the market).
  4. The very high price while competitors have the same quality and features for much less money. But i guess the price will drop quite fast to about 350€ and will be competitive then.

:warning: In general the whole test and review is very positive(!) and if the release price would have been more realistic compared to the market reality, then the RoboVac L70 Habrid really could have catched the “test winner” title and most current recommended vacuum cleaner.

But now, lean back, learn german and enjoy the very good and detailed video review:

In my personal case:
I still hope the RoboVac L70 (NO HYBRID!) will be lunched very fast and be cheaper and available to a dealmaking price at Black Friday of about 250-300 € and then it will be my favorite vacuum cleaner and i may buy some for me and my friends/family! If the L70 Hybrid may drop or be avialable for about 300€ at BlackFriday and the L70 will not be available till then, it would be an alterlative. But in regular i do not like the hybrid models.

Thanks for reading and watching
yamyam

@AnkerOfficial When will the RoboVac L70 be released and at which price?!

1 Like

Great review! :ok_hand: Excellent job!:clap:

1 Like

Just found this helpful user comment, review and pic at german amazon which shows in detail why i do not like the hybrid models and which construction faults the water rank and dust tank both have and why i am only interested in the regular non-hybrid RoboVac L70 when it is available:
(click to enlarge and make it better readable)

SL1600

SL1600

Thanks

Don’t suppose you would like to copy the text instead of the screenshot for the Amazon review? That way we (none German speaking people) can translate using Google

1 Like

Ich hatte mir den Roboter aufgrund der guten Testberichte bestellt und bin auch sehr angetan, inbesondere in Bezug auf die folgende Aspekte:

• App-Einrichtung und Steuerung sehr gut, inbesondere gefallen mir hier die No-Go Zonen und die No-Mop Zonen (letzteres habe ich bisher noch bei keinem anderen Hersteller gefunden)
  • Lautstärke sehr gut
  • vermeidet optimal den Kontakt mit Möbeln (wenn sie breit genug sind), andere sind da schon gerne immer mal gegen gefahren
  • Staubaufnahme auch sehr gut aus meiner Sicht

Nicht optimal gelöst:

• Reinigung des Staubbehälters, da hier immer der Filter entnommen werden muss (warum keine Klappe?) und das geht nur mit zwei Händen

Mies gelöst und für mich wohl auch der Rückgabegrund:

• der Wasserbehälter ist im Staubbehälter integriert, siehe Foto 1
    Warum auch immer dies so gemacht wurde. Das Problem ist, dass Einfüll-Loch (Foto 2) nicht am Rand ist, so dass immer eine Restmenge im Behälter verbleibt. Auch fünf Minuten hin und her schwenken und kippen, haben nicht alles hinauausbefördert.
    Und dann kommt zu dem, was auf den Fotos zu sehen ist - das restliche Wasser fängt an zu kondensieren und zu schwitzen. Und wird irgendwann zu Schimmel führen.
    Ich habe den Robbie mit der Klappe oben offen stehen lassen und auch den Silikonverschluss wie auf dem Foto abgebildet, zur Seite geschoben. Trotzdem bleibt es so.

Sorry Anker bzw. eufy, aber das ist selten naiv konstruiert und wird auch in diversen Tests bemängelt.

Den Support mal aus Spaß angeschrieben - Antwort: es wird an die Entwickler weitergeben - wer es glaubt…

Also:
Wenn nur saugen genutzt wird, einer der besten Roboter aus meiner Sicht. Mit Wischen nicht mehr.

Daher drei Sterne für die Leistung und die App. Zwei Sterne Abzug für das Problem mit Wasserbehälter und der evtl. Schimmelbildung (abgesehen von anderen Problemen bei stehendem Wasser, auch wenn es nur wenig ist).

I could not resist to correct some spelling errors.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! :joy:

I’m too lazy to google translate

English translation … with chrome, this is a breeze :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Cheers for that

Here you go:

Ich hatte mir den Roboter aufgrund der guten Testberichtet bestellt und bin auch sehr angetan, inbesondere in Bezug auf die folgende Aspekte:

• App-Einrichtung und Steuerung sehr gut, inbesondere gefallen mir hier die No-Go Zonen und die No-Mop Zonen (letzteres habe ich bisher noch bei keinem anderen Hersteller gefunden)
  • Lautstärke sehr gut
  • vermeidet optimal den Kontakt mit Möbeln (wenn sie breit genug sind), andere sind da schon gerne immer mal gegen gefahren
  • Staubaufnahme auch sehr gut aus meiner Sicht

Nicht optimal gelöst:

• Reinigung des Staubbehälters, da hier immer der Filter entnommen werden muss (warum keine Klappe?) und das geht nur mit zwei Händen

Mies gelöst und für mich wohl auch der Rückgabegrund:

• der Wasserbehälter ist im Staubbehälter integriert, siehe Foto 1
    Warum auch immer dies so gemacht wurde. Das Problem ist, dass Einfüll-Loch (Foto2) nicht am Rand ist, so dass immer eine Restmenge im Behälter verbleibt. Auch fünf Minuten hin und her schwenken und kippen, haben nicht alles rausbefördert.
    Und dann kommt zu dem, was auf den Fotos zu sehen ist - das restliche Wasser fängt an zu kondensieren und zu schwitzen. Und wird irgendwann zu Schimmel führen.
    Ich habe den Robbie mit der Klappe oben offen stehen lassen und auch den Silikonverschluss wie auf dem Foto abgebildet, zur Seite geschoben. Trotzdem bleibt es so.

Sorry Anker bzw. eufy, aber das ist selten naiv konstruiert und wird auch in diversen Tests bemängelt.

Den Support mal aus Spaß angeschrieben - Antwort: es wird an die Entwickler weitergeben - wer es glaubt…

Also:
Wenn nur saugen genutzt wird, einer der besten Roboter aus meiner Sicht. Mit Wischen nicht mehr.

Daher drei Sterne für die Leistung und die App. Zwei Sterne Abzug für das Problem mit Wasserbehälter und der evtl. Schimmelbildung (abgesehen von anderen Problemen bei stehendem Wasser, auch wenn es nur wenig ist).

Google Translatefail says:

I had ordered the robot on the basis of the good test reports and I am also very pleased, in particular with regard to the following aspects:

• App setup and control very good, especially I like the no-go zones and the no-mop zones (I have not found the latter in any other manufacturer)
  • Volume very good
  • Optimal avoids the contact with furniture (if they are wide enough), others have always been happy to go against it
  • Dust pickup also very good from my point of view

Not optimally solved:

• Cleaning the dust container, since here always the filter must be removed (why not a flap?) And that works only with two hands

Mies solved and for me probably the return reason:

• the water tank is integrated in the dust container, see photo 1
    Whyever this was done. The problem is that the filler hole (photo 2) is not on the edge, so there is always a residual amount remaining in the tank. Panning and tilting for five minutes did not bring everything out.
    And then comes to what can be seen in the photos - the rest of the water begins to condense and sweat. And will eventually lead to mold.
    I left the Robbie with the flap open at the top and also pushed the silicone cap as shown in the photo to the side. Nevertheless, it stays that way.

Sorry anchor or eufy, but that is rarely naively constructed and is also criticized in various tests.

The support times written for fun - Answer: it will pass on to the developers - who believes it …

So:
If only sucking is used, one of the best robots in my view. With wiping no more.

Therefore three stars for the performance and the app. Two star deduction for the problem with water tank and the possible mold (apart from other problems with stagnant water, even if it is only a little).
__

Edit: Ooops, just seen some have been faster than me and i should at first read all new posts before i answer :rofl:

Here a user who shows the problem with the above average height of the RoboVoc L70 as it is about 2 cm higher than the mainstream of current/new vaccum robots:

(already translate by google faillator)

Pros:

• Quiet (similar to Roborock S6), the suction level can be adjusted
  • Good suction power (plank floor, a dog in the household)
  • Very tidy, intuitive app - just great!

Cons:

• Navigation not perfect (stucks see Video)
  • Too high (stays under the bed)
  • Distributes IMO too much water at the lowest level (not optimal for plank floor)
  • may be rough with furniture (eg chrome sofa feet)

For nerds:

Here is the video:

Price point is a huge decision factor for me and multi-floor mapping feature. I hope this can be resolved in this version and not V2 again !

1 Like

“rough with furniture.”

As far I see there are NO rubber bumpers any more at the front.
IMHO those are a need.
I reinforced those by glueing some extra foam tape.

Do you HEAR the paying CUSTOMERS @AnkerOfficial ?
Don’t do the same fail as on eufy cam! … btw: R.I.P. eufy cam 1.

Answer @AnkerOfficial ?! I am not at all intersted in the HYBRID L70, i only want and need the REGULAR L70. So please tell us when and how much? Thanks.

OK @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport … let’s give it a third and last try:

When will the REGULAR eufy RoboVac L70 (NON-HYBRID!) be available to the market and ready for ordering!?

I am not interested at all in hybrid models, for various reasons and issues. So only the L70 is interesting for me and it would be nice if you finally could answer this quite simple answer after several weeks!

Thank you!

Unbenannt-1

@AnkerOfficial

Get your german speaking employee and check out at part from 07:47 to 08:07 in the following brandnew TOP 5 video, that the RoboVac L70 Hbyrid just missed the TOP5 Ranking and just because of the unacceptable and not competitive high price!

For all german speakers and maybe also intersting for @AnkerOfficial is to watch this video to see how much (more) the competitors deliver for much less price and how much action is on the vacuum cleaner robot market currently. If you are too expensive or not inovative or good enough, you will be “run over” faster than you can say “broom”.

By the way: Still wanna know when the RoboVac L70 (NON HYBRID!) finally will be release and at which price! Thanks.