Eufy RoboVac bumping into walls?

@nils-sdun, sorry for the inconvenience the replacement RoboVac caused! Please be assured that we always stand behind our products and we are happy to assist you with an exchange if the problem turns out to be with it.

Could you please clean the bumper with a dry cloth for a retry?

Also, kindly advised that the RoboVac detects with infrared ray and very dark-colored objects/ carpets/floors absorb the ray, so the RoboVac will not be able to recognize them. Could you please put the Robovac in a place surrounding by the furniture in the light color for a retry? Meanwhile, there is the gap between the sensors around the bumper, so the Robovac sometimes canā€™t sense the thin chair leg. Hope you understand, and we will make it better in the future.

If the issue persists, could you please contact us via our "support@eufylife.com" so we can assist you further? We will glad to help you exchange or return it once we confirmed your order detail and the issue.

We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Hello. Iā€™m having different problem with my Eufy. In my living room (where actually the floor and the walls are darker color) it works perfectly fine. Slows down before obstacle and turns when near it. But in my other rooms (in those rooms the floor and walls are lighter, even near white) itā€™s like te IR sensors stop working and the vac starts to bump hard into everything. Any ideas?

Itā€™s maybe also the IR sensors problems, if the issue always appears, you could contact support@eufylife.com to find a solution.

So I started to have the same problem a couple weeks ago. I had a feeling it was going to be an easy home fix, and I found a solution that worked for me. I used plastic polish on the sensor bar. 5 minutes of work and itā€™s running great again and not running into anything. Hereā€™s the video I came across that helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtDofDMhvY&t=632s

I used the same polish thatā€™s in the video. It was around $7 at Wal-Mart. Well worth it.

I do this kind of cleaning after every of Eviā€™s heavy duties. :wink:
Donā€™t forget the sensors at the bottom and the charging spots.

My mother has a Robovac that was given to her. It works fine but bumps walls - it seems the the infrared sensors are not working . Cleaned sensors not sure if I clean the external bumper cover will work. Any suggestion would be great !!! Thx

If the glass of the bumper got heavy scratches you could try to polish the acrylic.
btw. mine bumps also, but there is no damage of furniture etc.