Eufy robovac 11 brush motor gear failure

Thank you all for the advice. fhassm, I agree I should be able to find it in a non-specific application, but no luck yet. Thank you for the link!

But I found this interesting link - someone has already designed a replacement gear in Thingiverse.

The gear is for the iRobot roomba, but the Eufy is essentially a copy of that and i think the gear is the same.

Since we have a 3D printer at my work, I figure no harm in trying! Plus it will be fun to try and fix it with a 3D printer object.

And yes, Das Boot is one of the all-time greats, along with FMJ. You have good taste in films!

2 Likes

If You try to make a copy via 3D it might be interesting what type of material you use.
It should have the same physical characteristics as the original gearwheel.
Please let us know if you are successful.

Minimum order for this company is over $1800, they are set up to serve industrial applications. But thank you.

I guess I didnā€™t do enough research, sorry about that. Iā€™m sure there are other companies that do the same thing.

1 Like

I was taking a short look here in DE for such gearwheels.
I am sure I would find a replacement.
eg. There are sets of such nylon gearwheels at Amazon.de

But as I donā€™t have the measurements I couldnā€™t find the fitting one.
The diameter could be found easy. The only problem might be the middle hole. (But this could be thrilled or filled by a brass bush)

A friend of mine, an old model builder says it would be difficult to print a gearwheel by 3D in nylon.
Other materials should be to hard and not flexible enough.

1 Like

Here is a link for DE.
Those sites should exist in CA/US as well.

https://www.modellbau-profi.de/Zahnraeder-und-Getriebe/Kunststoffzahnraeder.htm?SessionId=&a=catalog&p=1432

So this should be a hint for DE RoboVac customers as well, who might have such a gearwheel problem. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the same issue with the same stripped gear on the side brush motor. The issue I see with the thingiverse version, is that it is not an angled gear that meshes to the main motor gear. It looks like it has about a 20 deg taper for the main gear. I measured the outside diameter to be 21.1 mm, and reduction (inner) gear to be ~5.7mm OD. I counted 41 teeth on the outer gear and 10 teeth on the inner gear. The inner gear does not appear to have a tapered angle.

1 Like

Could you take a photo of that gearwheel please.
The ā€œold tinkersā€ would like to see! :grin:

Can you please tell me how to open vac up to get to the gears? I have all screws out but it wonā€™t lift apart in one section

I never did, but there was a fellow who did and there he showed photos
here at the forum.
Please search for those.
I am in hurry : Opera! :joy:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, different vaccum but I think a lot of them use the same chassis. Did you get anywhere with it?

Ok, so I have drawn itā€™s replacement and sent it off for 3d printing. First time I have done either so no idea how itā€™s going to turn out.

@melissanmaggie did you do the two sneaky screws under the roller?

1 Like

Great.
Mostly those gear wheel are broken by debris and hairs.
A skilled person can change these easily,
THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!

You can see here a broken tooth caused a stripped gear on a 30C. And after only 6 months of use!

Made a request to the rushgears site (thanks) but hopefully can find something sooner. For now, Eufy is running much quieter with only one brush.

I think such a gear can be found as it should be nothing exotic.
Before you replace it : GREASE!

I have the dreaded stripped side brush gear issue as well. Has anyone found a replacement source? I have contacted a supplier in China via eBay but I need the ID of the gear. The OD of the large and small gear was in another post, 21.1mm 40 teeth large gear and 5.7mm 10 teeth with the large gear having a 20 degree taper. I have not verified this but Iā€™m searching based on this but need the ID.

Do you have a website or supplier for the gears?

Modelmaker suppliers ( Google should help!) :wink:
Merry Christmas!