Eufy robot mop

Would eufy consider designing a self cleaning robot mop? I am aware there is another brand due to come to market in Sept 19, however at a high price. The vac/mop combo units I think are junk and you have to keep cleaning the mopping pad. A self cleaning one would be ideal

2 Likes

I’ve wanted a robo mop for a few years now and haven’t trusted the ones that are the market. If Eufy designed one I would look into investing in one.

1 Like

A robot map would be super cool! I love that idea, especially if it shampoos carpets somehow…

2 Likes

Sounds interesting!!

Eufy should definitely look into this idea @AnkerOfficial

1 Like

would need to have a large base station water tank to fill up the robot on refiles I would imagine or a way to connect to a water source.

2 Likes

This sounds really interesting.

1 Like

Eufy is about to release a couple with vacuuming and mopping…

3 Likes

Most of the mops on the market are not satisfied regarding the cleaning.
If you have to remove a dried spot of coffee for example
and remove it by hand you need to apply pressure.
This can not be done by a vac/mop.

1 Like

To have an auto clean mop head/pad, it would need to

Remember where it is.
Return to base
Some how clean itself
Empty dirty water
Refill
Return to where it was.

REPEAT!

This complicated reason is why others have t gone down this route.

I’m guessing it would also have to be WiFi connected to locate itself.
As others have said, a large water source to wash the pad, and refill… plus somewhere/somehow to empty

2 Likes

And it needs some valve which will close the dropping, when the robot
come to standstill.
Using hard water will cause issues pretty soon.

2 Likes

@MacBlank without naming specifically the company that has developed one. I almost invested in one on Kickstarter, but was too expensive when converted to AUD for a Kickstarter product.

1 Like

I think they would have to have two separate skus for mopping and carpet cleaning. Good idea though.

I’d be worried about the unit having water in it while I’m not around. Could come back to a soppy mess!

3 Likes

robot

5 Likes

There’s one company that has done it right, that I’m not going to mention. A different topic is if you want it specifically from Anker/Eufy