Eufy Genie Smart Speaker

Thanks for the reply! That’s promising to hear. I recently read about the lack of bluetooth, which is a real bummer. I ended up biting the bullet and subscribing to Amazon Music Unlimited and mainly listen to that, but Pandora has always been a great back up and is easier to get Alexa to create a station on. This little device is just making it that much easier, and cheaper to smarten up the home.

1 Like

Eufy will be releasing a Bluetooth version shortly. It will sell for $40.

4 Likes

Great to know! Thanks for the info!

I have one and for the $30 it currently is going for with an Early Bird Discount Code I think it’s totally worth it. If anyone wants the code to snag one for $29.99 on Amazon DM me and I’ll be more than happy to send it your way! :grin:

1 Like

I’m loving mine so far. The lack of Bluetooth doesn’t bother me, I use the aux cord and plugged it into my Anker Premium 20w speaker. Sounds even better that way than a full size echo! I’m glad that Pandora is on the way, I’ll use that a lot.

2 Likes

I own an Amazon echo, this really looks promising and could be a really good competitor!

1 Like

i have one, works great but lacks some alexa skills, but eufy is working on them

How has voice recognition been for you?

Mine is not as good as Echo Dot.

1 Like

Mine either I find myself having to raise my voice a few times here and there. I feel bad doing so since it’s so cute :joy:

1 Like

I seem to have the opposite problem: my Eufy responds when I’m a good distance away in another room talking to my Echo Dot.

1 Like

I have that problem with my Ecobee. :smile:

2 Likes

no issues that i can recall, i yell across the room at it and it seems to pick up ok. I usually ask it weather, time, set timer. Occasionally ask off the wall questions but rarely. The TV sets it off sometimes but it did that with dot too, I think the eufy light goes out now after sitting idle, on old firmware i thought it stayed lit all the time. can’t remember??

1 Like

Yeah it did. The old firmware left the Eufy light on. Now it shuts its off after a few seconds. Kind of a bummer I liked that it lit up the room I have it in at night.

I had that same problem! I’d be in my kitchen where the Dot was and would say, “Alexa, set a 10 minute timer.” Then I’d hear ecoAlexa in the dining room say, “Ok, a 10 minute timer…”, but nothing from the Dot. Now I’m getting the opposite. I can be right next to the ecobee, but the Dot keeps responding instead. haha. It’s not a big deal. As long as one responds, we’re all good. :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

1 Like

Do you have an Echo for comparison?

Haha, for me it’s the opposite.

1 Like

Yeah I could see how that was a complaint. Maybe in the future it could be an option to turn it on and off at our discretion @Ankerofficial

1 Like

Dot only in the house, echo is in camper

1 Like