Eufy Genie Smart Speaker

no issues that i can recall, i yell across the room at it and it seems to pick up ok. I usually ask it weather, time, set timer. Occasionally ask off the wall questions but rarely. The TV sets it off sometimes but it did that with dot too, I think the eufy light goes out now after sitting idle, on old firmware i thought it stayed lit all the time. can’t remember??

1 Like

Yeah it did. The old firmware left the Eufy light on. Now it shuts its off after a few seconds. Kind of a bummer I liked that it lit up the room I have it in at night.

I had that same problem! I’d be in my kitchen where the Dot was and would say, “Alexa, set a 10 minute timer.” Then I’d hear ecoAlexa in the dining room say, “Ok, a 10 minute timer…”, but nothing from the Dot. Now I’m getting the opposite. I can be right next to the ecobee, but the Dot keeps responding instead. haha. It’s not a big deal. As long as one responds, we’re all good. :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

1 Like

Do you have an Echo for comparison?

Haha, for me it’s the opposite.

1 Like

Yeah I could see how that was a complaint. Maybe in the future it could be an option to turn it on and off at our discretion @Ankerofficial

1 Like

Dot only in the house, echo is in camper

1 Like

Do you have to yell across the room for your Echoes to hear you?

not really, but elevated voice over tv

I have to yell sometimes. It starts like this:

“Alexa.”

“Alexa!”

“ALEXA!”

“AH-LEX-AH!!!”

Alexa responds, “I’m sorry, but I can’t complete that request at this time.”

1 Like

I’ve been pretty pleased with it. It seems to have a much better mic. Unlike my Echo and Dot, the genie can differentiate between “hall” and “all” on the first time.

Glad to see that amazon music support was also added.

It’s been great.

Do you know how to force a firmware update? I have tried holding the mute and volume down for 3 seconds but can’t seem to get it to update. I want to fiddle with the updated features.

@Jesse_Hernandez1, did you receive one of the testing units? If I recall, I received an email from Eufy that required a manual firmware upgrade first before the automatic firmware updates would go through.

I won it in the Xmas giveaway. It did automatically update when I turned off the mic and let it do its thing. It would not update with the mic on during the set update hours even though I was not using it at all. Going through the firmware update change log I did notice that the force update feature was not available until version 3.8.5017 works great now I’m especially enjoying controlling my fire TV with the genie it’s pretty slick😎

Yes, I have already tried it, I am really very satisfied, it has been precise to my orders, I think you should give it a try

Great, glad it’s working! If you pick up a Harmony Hub, you can then use Alexa to control turning your TV on and off, changing channels and changing inputs! It’s actually how my friends prefer to control the TV when they stop over so they don’t need to figure out what remote to use. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m going to get a Anymote Home. I’ve be using anymote for years with my note 3 and (note 8 tablet). It is compatible with Alexa and can be programmed to do anything even turn on my computer or adjust lights.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Anker plans to add Spotify compatibility to the genie?