Eufy Floodlight - lights vs motion detection + entry sensor

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding eufy floodlight camera and entry sensor.

There are more options for lights and motion sensitivity but Im not exactly sure whats the connection between these options for lights and camera motion sensitivity/zones.

I mean, you can set the “camera motion sensitivity” + choose “activity zones” (from which you should be notified if theres an event).

In the same time you can choose “motion triggered light” + “motion distance for light”.

My questions/points:

• Armed camera - motion sensitivity 4, lights sensitivity 1
  • Will the lights go on only if there is a movement inside the activity zone of the armed camera?
  • Does that mean that the motion distance for lights doesnt apply in this case?
  • Basically regardless of whats the motion distance for lighst will they trigger in this case?

• disarmed camera, lights sensitivity 1
  • If the camera is “disarmed” (no recordings, no motion detection on) does that mean lights will only trigger based on lights motion distance? Do the lights have independent motion detection?

• Is it possible to operate the eufy entry sensor in the “garden house” wheres no heating (the temperature is basically the same as outside, sensor would be of course protected against water)?
  • is there any problem to use it like this (battery life would probably be lower but that would be understandable)

• is it possible to trigger recording on a floodlight camera when specific entry sensor will be triggered? (e.g. turn on the light and start recording)

Regards,
V.

Hey @VB1, we will try to answer the question as below:

Armed camera - motion sensitivity 4, lights sensitivity 1

Will the lights go on only if there is a movement inside the activity zone of the armed camera? Yes.
Does that mean that the motion distance for lights doesnt apply in this case? Both light setting will be applied once the lights detect the motion.
Basically regardless of whats the motion distance for lighst will they trigger in this case? Once the camera pickup the human shape or the movements, it will detect the camera for the recording.

disarmed camera, lights sensitivity 1
If the camera is “disarmed” (no recordings, no motion detection on) does that mean lights will only trigger based on lights motion distance? Do the lights have independent motion detection?
Yes, you may found more information from the app setting. If you are having issue with the setup, please contact support@eufylife.com.

Is it possible to operate the eufy entry sensor in the “garden house” wheres no heating (the temperature is basically the same as outside, sensor would be of course protected against water)?
Please noted that the door sensor will be trigger when the distance between the sensors has changed. For the waterproof feature, please contact the support for the more details.

is there any problem to use it like this (battery life would probably be lower but that would be understandable)

For the battery life, it depends on how many videos has been recorded on the device.

Is it possible to trigger recording on a floodlight camera when specific entry sensor will be triggered? (e.g. turn on the light and start recording)
The sensor is only be used to trigger the notification on your mobile device.

Hi,

Thank you.

Regarding that sensor - I meant that it will be used indoors but in a “building” wheres no heating so the Temperature will be practically the same like outside. But If I understand right, it can be basically used this way, just the battery in the sensor will not last that long right?

V.