Eufy EverCam

Just spotted the cover photo change on Eufy’s Facebook page which says the Eufy EverCam is now on Kickstarter.

Kickstarter Link

I would be more than happy to test the battery life on this though :astonished:
A Wireless Camera with a battery that last a whole year??
Sounds amazing.

What do you think?

4 Likes

Sorry to cross-post. I put this into another thread, copying here too in case it gets missed there.

Found an article on smarthomegeeks.co.uk

Cameras are wire free, with a 1 year battery life, and will recharge in 3 hours! Motion sensors to allow the battery saving.

The AI bit, apparently, learns to recognise friends and family and will not record them - again saving battery.

Mods, not sure if I can post a link to their website? If not, please delete the link or my post.

Loving the local storage via SD card too.

I would worry someone could just pull it off the mount and walk away with it though. I can see there are built in alarms but if there’s nobody at home, you aren’t gonna stop them
taking it.

Looks a great device though. It really does. Well done Eufy

Anyone thinking of backing it?
No point in having 1 camera for the price of 2 but I haven’t got £200 spare to splash out on this myself.

No worries. I didn’t post on the other thread because it was a competition and thought it would confuse people. Happy to move back over there though :+1:t2:

I hate when well known companies have to use Kickstarter to launch a product. It means either they have no faith in their products or no real investors do. On a side note its a shame you all sent out an email for 40% off, but that was only on the 2 pack.

1 Like

Arrgh. Found a “feature” in the forum. I posted basically a duplicate thread to this one as I didn’t see this thread in the first place. I have to click on the “eufy” page to see Eufy items.

1 Like

I don’t like that it base has to be connected to the network via Ethernet.

That is a limitation but would provide a better stream of the content stored on it I guess.

In all honesty it has nothing to do with investors but more so to gauge market demand, of course this is my opinion and I see many companies turnjng this route as well. It let’s them know and see what the market demand is and gauge whether or not it’s worthwhile to further invest in r&d to continue to develop these types of products. Anker isn’t the first, nor will they be the last to go this route, as I mentioned, a lot of companies are doing this and I don’t blame them, why invest in a product if it’s not in demand or no one wants it

1 Like

i must have been removed from their coupon list. I no longer get coupons and yes I checked my spam folder

also why 16gb only for local storage. microSD cards are dirt cheap, why not enable 64gb or more

It allows for 128gb but comes with a 16gb in the box I think :thumbsup:

1 Like

I definitely like the face detection technology! If only I wasn’t already so invested in Arlo… :weary:

1 Like

oh ok that makes more sense :slight_smile:

same here, i have had arlo since it was called vuezone.
I hid one in my bushes once and caught kids throwing rocks and poking sticks at my dogs in backyard over the fence. Burned video to disc, printed out pictures, waited for school bus to show up and confronted them all. Gave disc and pics to bus driver.
The principal rode bus with them the next day and they eventually moved bus stop down the street a bit

I also have a nest ecosystem with indoor/outdoor cams/ doorbell and tstat

1 Like

I remember beta testing Arlo for Netgear, the one I have has a sim card for remote placement but it still needs power cable. So take Ankers camera and add the sim capability and it would be great for off grid use

Wish anker could sent me one these cameras as a birthday present to see who is stealing all of my chicken nuggets :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Very cool… I didn’t know Netgear considered a SIM-card model at one point. Although, uploading HD video would probably burn through a data plan pretty quick.

They still have it, it’s called the Arlo Go

1 Like