Eufy Doorbell 1080P (battery Powered)

To start witch I really don’t write reviews, but after dealing with a company like Anker I thought, you might be interested before buying anything from them.
I was looking to purchase a video doorbell for extra security for my home, had Ring doorbell in my mind all the way through, but after putting a lot of time in doing research by watching videos on YouTube and reading blogs, found out that Eufy doorbells are pretty good. So went on their own website thinking it’s better to buy directly rather than any third-party websites (Amazon or Ebay). Placed the order on Friday 27.11.20, got an emails notification saying the order will be delivered by Amazon logistics by 03.12.20.
Received the package on the 29.11.20 Sunday, was very happy as the doorbell arrived early. Opened up the package, everything was inside as it is supposed to be, then started setting it all up, starting with the chime which went well, now is the time for the doorbell, as I tried to power it did not turn on, thought might need charging so connected it to a charger and as soon as I did that it started and I could then finish the setup.
Once I finished the setup on the eufy security app it was showing the doorbell is 100% charged, to which I was surprised as it did not turn on at all when I tried, took it off charging and tried switching it on again and was not turning on, they only way to turn it on was by keeping it on charge all the time, read the instruction manual that came with it and as per that it says that the doorbell comes with 80% charging. Still wanted to see maybe I was wrong and that the device is just completely out of charge so I did leave it on charging for a good 6-7 hours.
But surprise surprise it still did not work, I was calm thinking things like this do happen and I should get in touch with them to look for a replacement, it was Sunday evening I looked upon the app to see if I can get customer support, however, I understand that they were not available those times, ended up sending an email, as soon as I sent an email I got a reply back saying that I will get a reply from them within 24 hours. The next day 30.11.20 Monday morning checked my emails but did not receive any emails, so I thought better ring their customer support and speak to them which might speed up the process, spoke to a rep named Dora, explained to her the scenario, and right away she apologized and said that the device is defective, to which I thought that was easy as I did not have to go through explaining her a lot of details and she already knew the device was defective as if they get that a lot. Anyway, was told by her that she can’t do anything over the phone and I have to write them an email and sent them a video explaining why the doorbell was not working on the same customer support email address on which I did send them an email a night before. I did that again by providing them additional information on the one they requested for.
Now, waited until 01.12.20 Tuesday until 07.30 AM in the morning but still haven’t got any reply back. So-called the customer help phone number again and guess what the same rep Dora picked up the phone, explained her the situation and she did remember me, she apologized that I did not receive any reply back and it is over 24 hours and mentioned she will escalate this so I can get a reply back within the next 3 hours.
Now finally they replied back and it came back in 3 hours time frame that was given, but guess what as per the email, I have to send them the doorbell back with the entire packaging the way it came, once they receive the defective doorbell package only then they will send a new one out. Fair enough, but the worse part is they don’t provide you with a prepaid label, you have to send it back to them at your own expense, they did specify in the email that they will reimburse the money if I send them the shipment receipt.
Now all I want to say is that did not give me a very good first impression about the company, yes they did apologize for the inconvenience but until now they have not apologized for sending me a defective product, neither anything is offered a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused, the inconvenience that I have to go through for none of my faults is also a lot.
I will rather recommend buying Ring or Good Nest doorbell who provide better customer support here in the UK, as Eufy call center is only open from 6 AM till 11AM and nobody is ever available on the chat support, the only option is to deal with them on emails which take a long time to get a reply.

Thanks for sharing your review

Sucks you had a bad experience