[eufy cam] The big "Range Extenders we need!" Survey ;-)

I see it…but only 1 option is good for me… the catch is “upto”.

1 Like

:blush: I meant the questions and answers

Keep up the good polls coming :ok_hand:

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial, @AnkerSupport, @AnkerTechnical, @TechnicallyWell

No answer, feedback or reaction yet about @ndalby invitation and/or the thread and its topic itself?! :unamused:

1 Like

Hello!@yamyam Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the signal coverage. Due to some technical difficulties, we’re sincerely sorry that we will not release the range extender within a short time. Our engineer team do know the significance of signal range to our users. They are trying their best to find more better ways to improve the wifi coverage by following firmware upgrade. Sincerely thank you for your valuable time and feedback!

First of all, thanks for reacting and answering, even if very disappointing and unexpectedly.

OK OK OK … so you want to tell me, even if thousands of other companies are releasing hundreds, if not even thousands of wifi extenders each year, for 5GHz but also 2,6GHz … eufy (anker) is NOT able to release one?! What kind of technical difficulties we are talking about? For me as layman you just need to catch up a wifi signal, maybe boost it and send it again from the position of the range extender. Mhhh … i bet and guess eufy and anker already mastered much bigger and major technical hurdles.

Not to talk about that the eufy range extender for the eufy cam is already announced since over 6 months and already been positioned/delayed on the roadmap and therefore is anyway late already.

However, i won’t get concrete answers, but i still hope and pray that the eufy cam range extender WILL COME FOR SURE! There can be problems and delays, ok … but if you would drop the range extender, it will make (at least for me) the eufy cam useless in future!

I just can’t live with a joke of 12 meters max range, and even on this range the most “away” (if you can talk about away in this case) cam drops signal from time to time and is not recording for hours … a security cam!

So please … keep us informed about whats going on with the development of the range extender and when it finally will be released. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial

I got a legitimate question from a user which i herewith want to forward to you:

eufyCam%20%20The%20Wirefree%20Security%20Cam%20with%20365%20Day%20Battery%20by%20Eufy%20Security%20%E2%80%94%20Kickstarter

You may answer him (and thousand others) … but only if you want to!

They have said previously they are doing extenders.

@MacBlank

We know what has been promised end of last year already.

But we can also read:

…and also know:

png%20%20PNG%20Grafik%20%20700%C2%A0%C3%97%C2%A0403%20Pixel%20

Just as a quick reminder … today is 14.07.2019, July, close to August.

We know they promised it and working on it, but we also know that the range extender is overdue and in the pipeline for over 7 months(!) now. And we are not talking about a small crap backyard company in a 3rd world country. We are talking about ANKER(!)

So i can understand them and their frustration and permament demands 100%!

In my case:
I am currently running about half a dozen eufy cams on my own homebase and could already added at least 2-3 more, if the range wouldn’t suck that badly and/or the range extender would finally be there.

So the numerous amount of requests by users (who just can’t or want to wait any longer as anyway) and the demand posted above (and still incoming, even on kickstarter), is just a sign of impatience and lack of understanding from many cutstomers why such a big brand/company is unable to bring a range extender, even after more than half a year! And we do not talk about the re-invention of the wheel.

SURE, no question, there can be always technical problems occur or any other issues we do not know about. And i guess we all understand that. But after 7-8 months already its about time finally.

We do not need range extenders when the cams are outdated, not in use anymore or the next century started :smile: … we need them now! … no, sorry, a lie … we need them since December 2018(!) already.

And …

… is not what is motivating or we wanna read or know after half a year of waiting.
Their so called “short time” is already over… how long do they want us to wait? Another year?!

So always see and understand both sides of the medal. :+1:

Preliminary result of the survey:

hey @yamyam bro, Germany is running 10 days behind the calendar :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … LOL :joy:

They don’t have definitive answer as when the extenders will be released hence the word “short time

1 Like

ROFLcopter … :rofl: … caught me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Of course 24.07.2019 or at the other side of the world: 07/24/2019

Thats the point, no more communication, no infos, no updates, no timeplan, nothing.
But as the failed with two or at least one timeline promise with the range extender, i understand that they do no want to tell any new date or month, but they need to hurry as we are waiting already too long and they could keep us informed frequently at least and tell us whats going on.

1 Like

Lack of info is @AnkerOfficial fave thing to do… or not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They like to keep guessing.

I mean, no other company makes a big thing of adding USBC to stuff, it’s just done!

Months of horrible eufy cam range issue: 8+(!)

09.08.2019 - Preliminary result of the survey:

@all: Keep voting at the first post - direct link: [eufy cam] The big "Range Extenders we need!" Survey ;-)

@AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial

Where … is … the … promised … and … urgently needed … eufy cam RANGE EXTENDER?!

1 Like

I agree. I need the range extender due to my camera having super low to no signal sometimes. .

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @dicejedi ! :unamused:

Several of my cams frequently lose connection or can’t start livestream even after several tries (should anywa work on first one). @AnkerOfficial knows since over 8 months about the horrible and unacceptable range of the eufy cam and could fix this easily by the range extender, they just do not deliver it! :sos: You can’t even guess how pissed and frustrated i am! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The first cam above just stoped recording for over 3 hours now again! :no_entry: Just noticed by random as i wanted to check whats going on ans noticed that the live stream is not working again. A security cam with a range of a length of the tail of a squirrel which frequently loses connection and stops recording, even if its just 12 meters away, is USELESS! :wastebasket:

I don’t wanna know how many customers have silently just sent their cams back and got their refund or brought them back to the retail shops just because they havn’t got enough signal strenth! … What a huge revenue loss for Anker … Is that really necessary?!

Common @AnkerOfficial … we trusted in you and gave you over 3 million dollars in the campaign! Now show us the trust wasn’t invested negligently. Give us finally what we need to run your product as predicted. Please … P L E A S E !!!

:signal_strength: :signal_strength: :signal_strength: RANGE EXTENDERS! :signal_strength: :signal_strength: :signal_strength:

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial I am extremely disappointed with the range on my EufyCam E three pack. Why not let those of us that need it use whatever WiFi network we want until you can get the extenders to market? I need three access points to blanket my house but I was hoping I could get the front and back door with the homebase in the middle but if I do that, both cameras show low to no connectivity. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

hi,@yamyam@scooby2: The current version already supports the feature of Wi-Fi Connection. Please set and use it in the option of side bar->My Devices->HomeBase setting-> “connection”. If you encounter any problems in using it, please email us via support@eufylife.com. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

That’s not a range extender, that’s just moving the homebase to get 1 camera working and possibly making more than one camera stop working

3 Likes

It’s not feasible solution for most users.

1 Like

Are you kidding us ?! :angry:
Don’t you recognize the seriousness of the situation ?! :thinking:

We do not want to move our homebases out of our flats/homes to get our cams online/connected!
We need REAL RANGE EXTENDERS (Hardware) and not useless wannabesolutions!

The horrible range of the eufy cam is a lack of the product - fix it finally please!
And better yesterday than tomorrow! It’s time!

This is why, when I lived with the ex I installed a wired camera system … Not a great neighborhood!