Eufy 2k Doorbell - FCC ALERT!

Love it. I’m in the market for one of these.

Been waiting for one long time… I don’t like the wired one though… It may have it’s pro’s but need to go thru the hurdle of wiring this …

1 Like

Thanks for your clear judgement :slight_smile:

It’s refreshing to get away from the “First” and “Gotcha!” comments.

May I ask why, is your existing doorbell wireless or are you uneasy of install?

I bought a Nest Hello when they first came out and it was extremely easy to install. It’s nice not having to worry about a wireless battery or power cords running away from the front door.

I’ve been afraid to bite off an wired install up there. I could probably figure it out, but I think a lot of people are unsure of this step.

Will the video be 2k? My doorbell would be higher definition than my tv :laughing:

1 Like

My existing doorbell is old style push button, hard wired. I’m afraid of running wires through walls as I’m not experienced to do that.

Door frames are typically white, so it would have been nice if it wasn’t stark black. I find the logo unattractive as well. Still, good to see competition for video doorbells with the Eufy Video Doorbell 2K T8200.

I did an online measure extrapolator, and it looks like the same width as the Nest Hello, just a tad taller.

1 Like

I was hoping they would offer a wireless option. My house isn’t wired for a doorbell.

Now this would be good good home security for me, and door step parcel thieves

1 Like

My body… no my house is ready

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. A doorbell is always a nice addon to the catalog.

1 Like

Both the floodlight and the doorbell have been added to the app!

@AnkerSupport is there any eta you can give us for when you’ll be releasing info on these?

Probably never if it outside USA

I hope this thing will have Google Assistant support so I can display live feed on any Google Home with a screen or Chromecast…

There is already support for the cameras on the home hub so I’m sure will be support for the doorbell

Unless the doorbell is going through the Eufy Homebase (I hope not) its going to be a different source so I wouldn’t assume anything just yet with that.

I for one hope it does go through the homebase. This way the homebase can act as the doorbell sound. Considering everything in the eufy security app requires the use of the homebase (so far) I wouldn’t see this as too far of a stretch.

I currently have a nest hello and am looking forward to this as it should be able to take advantage of the homebase local storage.

That being said, since eufy is soon launching a cloud based service it’s possible it can run separately on the cloud + phone notifications or optionally with the homebase if you have one. If this isn’t homebase compatible at all I personally have no use for it.

Hopefully we’ll get some answers soon!

1 Like

IEEE802.11 B/G/N

1 Like

I too hope they all have inter connectivity, but I doubt it. It may be a stand alone device, good thing is it uses the same eufy security app on my iPhone so no need to install another app for this.