Ebates and CouponCabin now on Anker.com

If you use Ebates you may have noticed that they have begun to sponsor Anker.com with 4% cash back. I even sent in my order confirmation from the C-Lightning cable purchase that I had made before the Ebates notifications were popping up and got it confirmed! Sadly it only works on products you can order through the site and not ones that must be ordered through Amazon, but I have been waiting for this day since I signed up for Ebates!

4 Likes

Nice. I do t use Ebates yet, but my friends/family do.

how do you like the program? Been thinking about joining. I’ve started uses Samsung Pay’s cash program, but there isn’t a lot of online vendors on there that we use.

If looking at programs like these, you guys may also want to check out CouponCabin. Similar click through promos to earn a % of purchase back, but the real big ticket reason to look into their site is the Member Only Cashback offers. Typically every day an email blast comes through that features a few popular retailers with a big Cashback offer - such as up to $100 back. These can be smaller (like $50 back) but I’ve seen as high as $250 back. These big $ cash back promos are simple: spend through the retailer and earn up to the cited amount back (effectively 100% cash back if you spend less than or right at the cited value). These offers are “activated” at certain times in the day, after which you click the “activate” button as quick as you can once the offer goes live. Limited offers are available, so they’re hard to get - often showing “these offers have have all been claimed”, but I’ve been fortunate enough to activate 3 different offers for $100 back each. Once you activate one of these offers, you have until midnight Central time to make the purchase through the offer link. There’s other criteria like has to be completed online through their link without browsing any other sites in between, delivery only, no ad blocker activated, no items already in the shopping cart once you get to the retailers site (through their link), etc. Also, once you activate one of these limited time Members Only cashback offers, you have to wait 30 days before you can activate another - but you can still shop through them for the basic % back like Ebates, MyPoints, Swagbucks, etc. Also, you have to wait 90 days before you can activate another Members Only offer through the same retailer.
It’s not exactly jumping through hoops, but you do need to adhere to the fine print if you want your activated offer to go through successfully. Some places (Walmart) have an extended waiting period while your cashback stays pending (to ensure no returned items I think), but Amazon and Home Depot are fairly quick with pending cashback only lasting about a month. Have to say it’s exciting to get/activate one of those cashback offers and buy needed stuff knowing that you’re basically getting paid back for it. Oh, and cashback can be set up to be sent back to you simply as a check or you can opt for a retailer gift card (ie Amazon) to get a little more added to your cashback value.

Happy shopping, hope this doesn’t generate too much competition for member offers! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to check those sites out :+1:

I’ve been using Ebates for several years now. Just recently, they implemented in store purchases from select retailers. I find it very convenient to use, especially since you can use it with their app or a web browser plugin. If you shop online a lot, it’s well worth it. Free money, savings.

1 Like

love it so simple, just click the button, once you have it installed as an extension in your browser, it will automatically pop up if it works on that site. 2 thing to be aware of, 1 MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACTIVATED CASH BACK BEFORE CHECKOUT, if you don’t it won’t be auto added to your account, but you can go back and enter the info to receive any cash back it or you missed. 2 Check it see if it specifies what exactly qualifies, per site, for cashback and how much. Amazon, for example, can be 10% back, but you look and see that the 10 is for something random, while other departments can be 1-10. Overall it’s a WHY NOT thing, you put it on your browser, it does all the work, it takes about 3 months to send your payment, meaning once you buy stuff it will show you got cash back, but in order for them to confirm that you didn’t just buy something or a bunch of things then return them. They wait that time, over which you can rack up more cash back.

Oh yea Thanks @Nhi I forgot about the app, The app has special features too

Do you use honey?

Yea, it’s good too, but doesn’t really do Cash Back. Honey and RetailMeNot are more for Promo codes, yet I receive better ones from companies most of the time lol, but hey if Honey is going check 50+ coupons auto for me, yea I like it. The problem is eventually you have to choose. So either Ebates or Couponcabin and Honey or RetailMeNot, because enabling one disables the other. You can run Honey and Ebates at the same time, if you know what I mean. One does Promo codes, one does Cashback

1 Like

Ah I forgot, Honey’s Best feature IMO, is the Droplist. So say there is an item your thinking of buying but waiting for a better price, add it to your Droplist and you’ll get an email when the price drops, and not just on Amazon, it finds the lowest price anywhere and lastly; you are able to see the product’s price history to see if you are buying it at high, average or low price.